Sunday August 3 in the Midwest

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Sunday August 3 in the Midwest

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by snowwolf57 snowwolf57 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Morning,  A sunny start, its 60* going to a high of 82*.  Not sure what today will bring, not much I’m sure.  I will be working in the back yard until it gets too warm, then in the house.  I worked in one big bed yesterday, this is the bed that didn’t get much done too in the last few years, it really needs a lot of work, I have started this earlier, but had to stop because so much poison ivy, it now is gone.  I hope I don’t find anymore, but that darn stuff is everywhere.  Yesterday I helped Ray put up our new mailbox, it was hit last winter by the snowplow, and we wired it up.  The mail lady put a note in the box, please fix.  Our old step 2 was all in one piece, this one was all in pieces, we had to put it all together, I’m sure it won’t last as long as the other.  We also put up a guard so it won’t get hit again.

Lair,  We missed you yesterday, I hope all is OK, and you just took a day off.

Dena, Oh no, a skunk, good thing you didn’t get sprayed, really hard to get the smell out.  One of the cuties thing I ever saw, was a few years ago, I turned the light on in back, and a family of 6 was under the bird feeder.  When Mama left they all followed in a cute fashion, one sway one way and another another way, so cute.  Just remember you are only one person, just don’t over do, it all will wait.

Mary,  I need to thin my coneflowers also, but no disease.  I have 2 people that want some, so no problem getting rid of them, also I have a big yard.  I try not to go to buffets too often, as I don’t need to gain any more weight.  I also over eat, and yes cake and ice cream.  I hope you don’t have the same crud, take care.

Well I guess that’s it.  Have a great day, Carol

#5270216 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning, I have a choice of threads this morning.  It is 60′s here going up to 80′s.  I couldn’t get signed in yesterday and I had a low tolerance level so I gave up.  I was real tired from Friday.  Tim went golfing and Andy ( 15 year old buddy’s boy) offered to help me take out 3 big evergreen shrubs that winter killed.  Taking them out was real low on my list but since I had help I said OK.  We cut them down and that didn’t take long but he wanted to pull out the roots.  He brought his tractor so I said OK but in hind sight I should have said no.  I end up taking 3 hours getting them all out and the 3 holes filled. I’ll plant hostas there this fall.  Sat. I just weeded my raised beds and got the 2 other beds weeded out south.  I’ll edge around them today so then it will all look real good.  Today I’m just going to be watering.  My knees and back tell me that’s all till next week.  You all have a good day.  Lair

#5270226 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

I bet that was hard work pulling the roots, not fun for sure.  I watered this morning, and everything said “thank you”,

Carol

#5270237 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Hi All,

Carol, Yup, the crud is back. I’m supposed to have the hearing test on Tue. I have no idea if I will be able to keep this appt. or not; it took over a month to get over this crap the last time. This time I get to add laryngitis to the list. DH is having a hard time understanding me.

Well, gotta go to church.

Back from church. I coughed a few times and now the voice is pretty much gone. I have no idea what I’m going to do at work. These old people will just have to tell me what they want without me asking. I might have to carry a sign that says, “I have NO voice.” This is the pits!

#5270338 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Mary – that is the pits. It happened to me 2 times at the store. Made this sign.

Hi, how can I help you? –

no voice but I can hear. 

Had to use it for 2 days. Not fun – but mine was from my MG and not a contagious thing.

Visited all friends and then they were playing Hello Dolly. So I stayed and watched. Had  only seen the middle part of her coming down the stairs and Louie Armstrong.  He played at a dance at ISU in 57-8 Wow that was special.

But I was having a hard time getting it all together as I missed first 23 min.   But it was entertaining.

So this is my first stop in B&B. Have a good week – and

Mary -  Please  get over that crud quickly. Adding my prayers for a very light case and getting the voice back soon.

<*)~// Tealbird

#5270358 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Good Late Evening all-

Just a quick stop in. Very busy day today and I am ready for bed….  Will stop in tomorrow and chat.

#5270362 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Just checking in again dr tomorrow and some test again should have the first ones back and on to the next. Tomorrow just the yearly things and need totalk to him about the dull pain sometimes in the chesT area bet it is just stressagain. >Been hot here again 88 today and heat index in the 90′s don’t like it.  Well you all have a great day.  Will see if I can get back here soon.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by snowwolf57 snowwolf57.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.