State of emerg in Ferguson, MO

Home Forums Backyard Chat General State of emerg in Ferguson, MO

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I think it is ridiculous about the violence.  Very sad about the shooting resulting in tge death of the boy, but the looting & violence seems unnecessary.

#5274923 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

From what I’m seeing on the news a lot of the looting is taking place from people coming in  from outside just to take advantage of the situation. They really need to just calm down and let the investigation take place and if its as some of the people claiming to be witnesses claims then I feel sure justice will be done in the end.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5274925 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

I agree, Margba, and, unfortunately, this seems to happen more and more often with incidents such as this . It proves nothing and certainly doesn t help the situation.  Sometimes, the violence causes even more unnecessary injuries and deaths.

Definitely sad ~~~~

Marilyn

#5274926 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Steve & Marilyn, totally agree!  But something does need to be done to help young black ppl integrate into society!  But then again, “normal”, hard working blacks I dont even see as black!  Just regular, normal, hard working ppl!  I see MANY young blacks rise above if they grow up in inner cities & bad areas.  Lots of gang cultures, too.

#5274929 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Very sad indeed.  I sometimes wonder if these youth that are causing all the trouble know the name of the black boy.  Just some get caught up in it.

I so hope they get some answers and peace comes to the city.  Yes something needs to be done to help these young people, but what.  The President has no answer for jobs.

Carol

#5274933 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

I’m Sad for the young man’s family and pray they will find peace and healing but more sad for the state of our great country …

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5274946 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I think there are jobs if these young folk dont get caught up in gang activity, get criminal records on themselves at young ages, making it hard to impossible to get honest work.  Goes for whites & other cultures & ethnic groups, not just blacks.  Sometimes ppl think everything needs to get handed to them, too and that the folks who are honest, hard working & “have” are there for those who arent to rob, mug & steal from!  Just saying….

#5274995 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Have you seen the video of where this “innocent” teenager robbed a convenience store just before this happened.  Not so innocent after all.

Most of the people rioting, etc; are just taking advantage of the situation.  They don’t really care what happened .  JMO

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5274999 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I’m sorry but I just don’t get it.  If you are mad at the police , the govt. whatever;  1st why not wait & get the whole story.  And if you are going to riot, etc; (which like I said I don’t get) why are you destroying your own stores & neighborhoods.  Why aren’t you going after the ones you’re mad at (and please don’t take that statement as an agreement with either scenario).  I just don’t get it.  They’re not hurting anybody but themselves.    Just makes no sense to me.

If you want to protest, if you want to march , if you want to sue; go right ahead but what does the riots accomplish.

There were no riots when either of the Kennedys were killed.  There were no riots when shots were taken at the President(s).

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5275004 Report Abuse

BritchesKs_F_60
    Participant

I don’t care what color he was. He did not deserve to be shot and killed.

#5275012 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

I don’t care what color he was , he didn’t have the right to rob a store and rough up the smaller minority owner. The others don’t have the right to become a “mob” and destroy private property.

Gayle….You’re right on, things shouldn’t have happened this way. The police should’ve sprayed the looting people with dye and then arrested them all later. It’s sad when any group of people think they have special rights :-(

Terry

#5275034 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Gayle & Terry, you are right & I agree!  No rioting when Raegan was shot at, either! I have seen too many wonderful stories of ppl rising above their adversities, being poor because of where they happen yo live.  This is America, it is still possible to rise above about any circumstance orcadversity of life!  It is still the land of opportunity, but sometimes it is lots of hard work, sweat & tears to achieve your hopes & dreams!  Most avg folks have to work hard to achieve.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by margba margba.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.