Southeast Tuesday 8/5/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Tuesday 8/5/14

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Ga Girls Flowers Ga Girls Flowers 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

We started at 71 degrees, it’s 92 sunny degrees now. I decided to visit the fish camp before posting this morning, I spent a hour at the fishing point enjoying the water plants that are blooming now. There were small bass and bream swimming in the shallows, looks like there was a good spawn this year.

The pigs, goats and two sheep were all out eating and enjoying the sun. Billy had put asphalt in a wet area on the fishing point road, now it’s much better to drive on, before it was like “mud bogging” :lol:

Mary…..We always had  fig trees growing up, I was so little that I could climb around a pick figs without breaking the branches. My GM would make fig preserves and put them up in Mason jars, now I have to buy them. Joyce doesn’t like figs, I don’t know what’s wrong with her :wink: I kept a eye out for snakes at the fish camp.

Terry

#5271006 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Hello Terry, we’ve been deserted, maybe Gayle is working today, do you carry a big stick when out walking? used to go camping in the New Forest in England when growing up and once we saw a hugh snake curled up asleep, Dad said let’s hurry away!! and we did.they had wild ponies there too. decided to go to the pool,nobody there except the life guard,so did some laps and came home,ate supper and will walk up to the postbox in a minute.enjoy the evening, Mary in Ky 5.14pm

#5271016 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Mary….I make hiking staffs, the one I’m using now was 5’10″ tall but I’ve worn 2″ off the end from it striking the ground. I carved a Great Horned Owl head on it and painted the head. It faces back at me when I’m walking, it’s “watching” over my shoulder :lol: I’ve killed a few snakes with it, I made our GS one and carved the FSU Chief Osceola mascot head on it. I carved  GS’s name in the shaft and painted the head and letters.

Terry

#5271085 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good evening everybody.  Yep worked 7 hr today.  Didn’t get home till after 6 PM.  Home tomorrow & working another 7 hr. Thur.

Not much else to tell you except it was a hot sunny day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5271110 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Hello to everyone,  I have been fiddling around in the house today…… Finished the laundry that I started yesterday. Canned some snap beans and cooked for the first time in over a week..we went to Ala.  to Grandson’s place and the guys did all the cooking…now I could get use to that…they love to cook on the grill..They took us out on Mobile Bay fishing 3 days…..I posted pictures of oil rigs and several other things over in BYC on Pictures Past and Present if you want to check them out.. today.  I am going to post some more tomorrow.  We had a really good time…it is a 6 hr trip to get there…and then the riding on the boat for miles on end…..my ankles were swelled double…They usually do not swell but when I travel and keep them down all the time they will puff up a lot.

Going to the Dr in the morning for my 6 months blood work for Cholesterol..  I only take 2 pills, one for Cholesterol and one for Blood Pressure….I try to throw in a multi vitamin and Vit D once in a while…I hate to take pills and I forget all except what I know I have to take.

Eyes are tired, so I think I will go to bed early tonight….hope all have a great week.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.