Southeast Thursday 8/21/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Thursday 8/21/14

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  surferdude_FL 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  It’s heating up as predicted.  The high today is supposed to be 98º, tomorrow 99º, Saturday 100º and Monday 99º.  We’ve had an unusually mild summer so far.  Not looking forward to these temps. Glad I don’t have anything I need to do outside.

We had our church treated for termites back in February.  Last week the cleaning lady found some flying termites.  I’m so tired of people saying they are wood lice (wood lice don’t fly), powder post beetles (Google powder post beetles) or flying ants.  Anyway, the Terminix people are supposed to be here this afternoon to check it out.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5276177 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Jo Ann, 100*!! 92*here is bad enough!after going to the gym went in Kroger for two granny smith apples, they are dark green now and taste good, noticed gas was 3.65 there.got my mega million ticket, maybe this is the one, haha! two free light bulbs came from gas co,I sent a free card for them they are different shaped from those twirled ones. Gayle-Gillian feels like that a lot after working at Target,she has a stray cat that had kittens under her shed and they are now as big as the mother cat,she feeds them but doesn’t touch them as she is allergic to animals,but not her cockateal birdie. Terry- my husband always had chrysler cars, dart, caravan, and Dynasty through the years.wrote something yesterday and now can’t read my scribble!! everyone have a nice day, Mary in sunny Ky 10.35am

#5276195 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody ( barely).  It is going to be a hot one here today also.  it was already 78º at 8:30 this morning.  I walked around the yard deciding where I’m going to put what next year. ( My plans change daily.  LOL)  Filled one of the birdfeeders, cut dead blooms off my Incrediball Hydrangea.  My cucumber vine has Mildew bad & looks awful so I pulled dread leaves off that too.  Then I noticed a lot of the pots & some of the birdbaths were pretty dry so Sprinkler is going once again.

Don’t know what else I’ll get into today,maybe cut some of the grass this evening & Chelsea could stand a bath.    Depends on what I’m in the mood for.

Jo Ann, you are supposed to be able to tell the difference between flying ants & termites by the body shape.  One has an hour glass shaped body with a definite “waist” & the other is straight up & down but I can never remember which is which.  Not likely you are seeing flying ants inside though, & they usually swarm in early Spring.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5276197 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Good morning Ladies,   it is already hot here this morning.  DH just picked some more green beans and I will be putting them up in jars as soon as I leave my friends on here….LOL    First things first..

I have a 5 gal bucket of apples sitting in the floor to do something with.  A friend gave them to me Tuesday when I went to quilting club…counter is covered with bell peppers ( red and green ones)

So I need to be there instead of here but I just went outside and took a few pictures of flowers and the cotton that we planted this year to experiment with .  It has bolls on it now so we will see.

I have had a lot of trouble with my eyes being extra dry and scratchy since my cateract surgery in March . So I went to see eye doctor yesterday and she changed my drops to allery type drops  and is talking about putting temporary plugs in my tear glands if this doesn’t work…and this morning I have gotten up with a cough like I have a terrible cold and it just came on suddenly….wonder if I am allergic to the drops…..she seems to think the dryness in eyes may be allergies, she says it has nothing to do with the surgery in March…  we will see.

Gotta go , hope all have a great weekend….take care and God Bless….I saw on FB where this teenager got sent home from school because she said God Bless You when someone sneezed in class……what is this world coming too…..My daughter is a school teacher and the students call her all kinds of vulgar names and give her the finger ,,,yet they get to stay in school…   WHAT.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5276216 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Good Afternoon…..We started at 70 degrees, it’s 90 partly cloudy degrees now. I watered all of our flower and vegetable plants this morning and then moved two Vinca hanging baskets to under a large holly tree. I had moved two other baskets and they were doing great so I moved these last two baskets.

Mary……We owned mostly Fords, Chevys and VW’s  until I bought a ’68 Super Bee in ’71 so I could put the engine and trans into our 1931 Model A Ford truck. That’s also the year I bought a ’67 Jaguar Coupe, worst car we ever owned :-( Our first new car was a ’92 Dodge Dakota, since then all we have bought is new Dodge Dakotas, Durangos, Rams and  Vans. Now we have a ’97 Dakota, ’03 Neon and Dakota and a ’08 Nitro, it will be paid off in October. We’ve owned just over 200 cars in our 48 years, I restored and showed some of them :-)

Janet….Our SIL teaches seeing and hearing impaired students, some those brats do the same to him as your daughters students do to her. That’s why our daughter went to a private Christian school until the 9th grade, we home schooled her for her senior year :-)

Terry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.