Southeast Sunday 8/10/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Sunday 8/10/14

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I wonder where everybody has gone.  Steve, Daphne, Sandra, Janet, etc; Probably just got bored with us or moved to FB I guess.

Anyway it a hot sunny day here but there is a little breeze.  I sprayed deer repel & fungicide where needed this morning & weeded the front slope.

Took a short trip to the community library to get just one book that is a follow up to another book I finished the other day.  “The Rest of the Story” as Paul Harvey used to say.

Jo Ann, they were James Patterson’s books:  I, Michael Bennett & then the follow up is Gone.  Have you read either of these?

We had the bonfire on th beach last night.  For a while we thought it was going to rain but it didn’t.  It got really clouded over for a while & as I was driving onto the beach people were coming off in a steady stream.   Bumper to bumper for for a couple of miles.

The tides are running really high along the coast, so we made a “levee” & dug  a trench to protect the fire as the surf came rolling in.  (Well, the kids did the digging).  It worked pretty good.  We did have to jump up & move once so dug a little deeper.  So the next surf that rolled in went around us & in a short time we were an island.  LOL   We had to move the picnic table a couple times as the water went around & came in from the back where the table was & then we waded through the tidal pool going back to the parking lot later.   Saw quite a few dolphins just off shore at dusk.  A couple were right there in the surf.   It was a nice time.  We’ll do it again next year.

That’s the tidal pool behind us

I’ve been out this morning, doing some yard work but now I’m just relaxing inside & piddling around.  Hope everybody has a great day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5272466 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Hey Gayle,  the bon fire looks like you all had a good time.. Did you cook over the coals are just enjoy the fire and beach…??   We just got in from a BD party for the twin GGKids…They are 4 as of yesterday….I got the little girl a skort and blouse and the little boy a western shirt…..They were all into throwing water balloons when we first got there …They are growing up so fast..

Not into having pretty flowers this year for some reason….no rain,  grass has taken over , so I just look at it and wish I could get out there , but I can not take the humidity and heat….So if it blooms it blooms and if it doesn’t , it don’t…..

Looks stormy outside right now…we had an inch of rain yesterday and like 80% chance of rain again tomorrow.  we sure need it….our vegetable garden ( tomato’s, cuke’s , squash) have done nothing to speak of this year..

We went to Peach Farm on Thursday and got 1/2 bushel of Alberta Peaches, came back by the man with corn in his truck and supposedly got 6 dz ears…..DH said there were 8 dz….we now have it all in freezer and I am taking a well deserved break today. on top of that the snap  beans needed picking, so I went ahead and cooked them yesterday along with making potato salad and BBQ’d pork ribs…So had lunch ready when I come home from Church today….also made a granny cake,  it suppose to have pineapple on the bottom but I used peaches….turned out pretty good.

Had a really good time on our fishing trip last week…Didn’t catch many ourselves but if you catch so many of them you have to throw back and that is not any fun….the DGS did catch a 30# Red Drum and about the same size King Mackeral….they go out there for the big ones and we would have been happy to catch a mess like you get at fish market…but they were furnishing the boat and paid for the gas , so what can one say…..Nothing…..it was just wonderful to get away from the norm and view the wonderful ocean scenery and be with his family….all good folks.

The darn rv had a slipping belt coming home so we could not use the air conditioner and it was sorta hot but we got a good whipping from the wind….the boat rides had already broken us in so it wasn’t all that bad…sure glad it didn’t rain…..

Well I am sleepy , so I think I shall do something that I do not do often and that is go to bed and take a nap.  I was going to watch a movie from 1-3 today and fell asleep about half way through it and then my brother from NJ called and talked the rest of the movie. I did see them kiss as it was going off, so it ended right….Oh well…..Hope you have a good week.and don’t work to hard.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5272467 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

I just looked back at your bon fire picture and I see a tall man holding a pot out from him and a charcoal grill behind him……can you see that…..>LOL    bet you all didn’t know he was there did you.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5272472 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good evening, Gayle- that must have been fun sitting around the fire pit with others, you can drive cars on the beach? I know they do that in california on the television. Janet- you had a good time too, did you catch a fish? saw three deers on the roadside while out with Jayne, she says the bucks are out early looking for does in her fields they came up to the electric and got zapped, fell with legs down stiff shivering until they got back to normal!wonder if they will remember that? went out early with Gillian to eat breakfast at Bob Evans then to get groceries then to GGD Mia’s 1st birthday at a park under a picnic shelter,glad there was a breeze. Hello Terry and Jo Ann, all have a nice evening, Mary in KY 5.47pm

#5272531 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Yes Janet, we cooked Hot Dogs & they warmed up some sausages & Veggies from the night before also Popcorn, roasted Marshmallows & S’mores later.   Plus we had plenty other things to eat.

Are we looking at the same picture?  I don’t see what you see.  LOL

Mary you can only drive on a certain parts of the beach.  Way down past the “tourist” area.

OK, Janet I see it.  LOL

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.