Southeast Reports Wednesday 2/19/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Wednesday 2/19/14

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  Our low was 59º.  It’s kinda hazy here this morning.  Hoping it will be a nice day once that burns off.

We are going to Troy to Walmart today.  Will run the car through the Kangaroo car wash, and eat at Julia’s Restaurant.  Love the car wash at the Kangaroo station.  It’s touchless and does the best job of any I’ve used.

Jean, I did read your post.  Happy for you that your DS is coming to fix the water leak.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Brantley, AL

#5097759 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Jo Ann,   enjoy lunch out, a sunny warmer 52-55* today feels like spring out there! the men have been picking up the limbs etc that fell all over the place when we had ice, the pavements are all clear to walk on, put my light jacket on and went to the gym awhile,  Janet i say III to spring too! liked the picture of the woman with the saw shaving her legs!!! Jean-all back to normal now?  going to make a turkey burger on an English muffin for lunch.enjoy the day everybody. Mary in Ky 10.33am

#5097764 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

Now that we have the 4 am thunderstorm and rain out of the way it is getting very sunny and 65 degrees. ( 10:43 am)  Yawn! That was a noisy storm last night for an hour.  Even with that I looked out this morning and the snow is still persistent next to the house where there is not much sun.  Maybe today with the warm weather it will finally disappear.  I found a crocus in bloom yesterday, so I rushed back in and got my camera. My daffodils have long stems but not bloomimg yet. I hope they wait.  I kinda believe in that old wives tale about if you hear thunder, then expect snow.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by SandraRW SandraRW.
    #5097769 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Mary, your turkey burger sounds much healthier than what I will be having for lunch today.  They make the best homemade banana pudding at Julia’s.

Sandra, what a pretty picture!  I don’t know why, but I never see any crocus here.  I think Janet said she had heard that if you hear thunder in the winter a snow will follow in 10 (or maybe 20) days.  Can’t remember which it is.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Brantley, AL

#5097799 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody.  It was 47º at 9 this morning & the sun comes & goes.

Since it is nice & want to go out & rake the leaves off a couple of my Spring Beds.  Might be some crocus hiding under there but I doubt it.

I didn’t sleep last night for some reason.  Very unusual for me.  Just one of those nights where the brain refuses to shut down.  I tried turning the light back on & reading for a little while a couple of times & I finally got out of bed at 5:30 this morning & went out to the LR recliner with my book.  I managed to get to sleep an hour later & was awake 2 hrs. after that.  So I’m pretty much running on empty.

At least I got a lot of thinking & Spring planning done.  LOL

I’m not going to spend a lot of time her but I did want to say Hi to everybody before going out.

Hope y’all have a nice day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5097828 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good morning. What a beautiful day. I just came back from the green way. It was my most enjoyable in some time. Its amazing  how much easier it is to run and breathe in warm weather instead of the cold. Right now I’m having a quick  bite of dinner and then I’m heading outside for some yard work.

Sandra I’m not at all superstitious but last night I was watching one of the weather guessers on TV and he showed a map that two of the models are now showing with another evil white stuff storm for next Wednesday. Thats a week away and hopefully it won’t happen lol.  And I love that crocus. I have some out of the ground and  should be blooming shortly.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5097938 Report Abuse
    Paleface
    Paleface
    Participant

Good Afternoon, 

My son got here at 10 am. After a cup of coffee we faced the water problem. He noticed right away that the hose fitting wasn’t screwed in correctly. He took it off, replaced the washer with a smaller one, hooked it back up.  Turned on the water and there was no leaking! This took only an hour.  

We went for lunch at  a locally famous BBQ place. Johnny Mitchell’s Smokehouse has won many awards. Their BBQ is so good.

Then we took a short drive to the swamp to look for birds. We saw a hawk and some ducks. They were too far off for us to ID. I am going back at 5:30 in hopes of seeing the Short-eared Owl that has been sighted for a week. 

The high today was 68. It is nice having the door open and not wearing layers of clothes. 

Thanks, Jo Ann.  Hope you had a good lunch at Julia’s. 

Mary, I tried a turkey burger years ago and didn’t like it. I should give ground turkey a second chance.  Yes….back to normal. :D

Sandra, Pretty bloom! I noticed my daffodils are up a few inches along with the Stars of Bethlehem. Never heard that wives tale. But have heard if snow stays on the ground over 3 days….more snow will come.  That would mean we could get another one. :(

Gayle, I hate those nights. I usually just get up. 

Steve, I like your nickname “weather guessers”.  :)

Wish all a great evening.  Hope I get to see that owl. 

http://jean-livingsimple.blogspot.com (The Joy of Bird Watching and Living a Simple Life)
    Jean in NW Georgia

#5097943 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

We started at 58 foggy degrees, it’s 76 sunny degrees now. Our FL Red Maples have buds, that’s adding color to the woods. I noticed  some yellow daffodils are blooming and our sand pear tree has leaf and fruit buds showing. I saw the first Carpenter Bee out front just now, I’ll get my tennis racket out and start swatting them. I’ve been running the AC the past two days.

Terry

#5098172 Report Abuse
    Paleface
    Paleface
    Participant

Terry, I reckon I will have my AC on soon. :)

I added 2 new birds to my Life List! Sandhill Cranes and the Short-eared Owl. 

The owl put on quite a show for approx 15 minutes. On his 3rd try he caught dinner. After that performance he deserved a meal. It was nice that 2 other birders were there to share this sighting. :)

http://jean-livingsimple.blogspot.com (The Joy of Bird Watching and Living a Simple Life)
    Jean in NW Georgia

#5098300 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Hi, Jean.  Glad you got your water fixed & it was an easy fix.  Not as warm here as it was there but I did get out in the yard today for the 1st time this year.  Got some of the front beds clean off & ready for the Spring Blooms to show.  Found 3 crocus blooming & hoping the squirrels haven’t eaten the rest of the bubs.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.