Southeast Reports Tuesday 3/4/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Tuesday 3/4/14

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Jo Ann Jo Ann 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  Our low was 35º.  The high today is supposed to be 48º, and it’s a dreary day.

I don’t know if any of you check out the recipes in the Food category, but I posted a recipe there for sausage muffins.  One of Ben’s Army buddies sent that recipe in an email.  I had not tried the recipe when I posted it, but I tried it this morning.  It is wonderful!  If you like sausage balls you will like these muffins.  The ingredients are the same except that you add eggs to the muffins which make them kinda light and fluffy.  Just don’t think about cholesterol when you eat them.

Going to get hair cut this afternoon.  I promised to make 2 pound cakes for the chicken salad plates the town church mission team is selling Thursday, so I think I will bake one of those this afternoon when I get back home.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5107581 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Jo Ann…We started at 36, it’s 41 degrees now. We have rain just west of here, I see it on the radar. I had a couple pancakes and some oatmeal this morning, I might take a cup of hot tea out and sit on the deck crosswalk before it starts raining. I counted 22 new pink piglets at the fish camp farm yesterday, cute little critters, one would fit just right on our rotisserie :-)  Our yellow jasmine is blooming now, pine trees are dropping their cone buds and pollen. DW had put a camellia bud in a vase last week, it hadn’t opened, I bought in a flower off the bush  yesterday and she thought her bud had opened.  I didn’t tell her  what I had done, she’s proud of her flower bud opening. Two of the Mobile TV stations  are having  live coverage of the Mardi Gras parades today, I’ll miss some of my programs…Price Is Right isn’t on  :-(

DW started Cook’s Country  magazine, two came yesterday. We watch Cook’s  Country/America’s Test Kitchen on PBS all of the time, we both like to cook but  I don’t bake.

Terry

#5107616 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Terry, you just reminded me that our jasmine is blooming and so is the forsythia.  I think we need to move the forsythia.  It’s just not flourishing where it is. The pine pollen is not a problem here YET.

Community Team Member

#5107634 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning, Jo Ann- I use pound cake to make a trifle for Easter, good with strawberries and whipped topping on too! used to have a forsythia bush at the house but no room here for it. Terry if any piggies are missing we can guess who!!!!!  sunny 15-34* here today no school got ice in places. had lunch, nw enjoyng a cup of tea. hello to ters, enjoy the day, Mary in sunny Ky 12.01 was am when started!

#5107660 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody.  It was 36º ayt 10:30 this morning & sunny.  Really bright coming off the snow.

The roads here look pretty good but back roads are probably still icy in spots.  No plans to go anywhere for a couple of days.

I just had an unhappy conversation with one of my few CC companies.  I was calling them about something else & in the recording you get it said next pmt due is $54 on 3/28.  Huh!!  So I found out that since the promotional offer of no interest for 12 mo is over (I knew that part) monthly pmts now include the min. pmt  PLUS that month’s interest.  That I didn’t know.  So guess I won’t be using this card much.   I just paid some things off last month & thought I was ahead of the game but guess  not.     Seems like it is always one step forward & 2  back.

No special plans for today. Probably work some more on the toy/storage chest project.

Terry isn’t it nice to be on a forum where nobody argues & bickers.  LOL  Hope you join us frequently.  I could just picture your blooms & sitting out on the deck narrative this morning.  Macing me jealous.  But Ill get there soon.  I bought a new covered swing with end tables attached late last Fall.  Can’t wait till it’s time to put it up again.  But then I have to make myself slow down enough to enjoy it

Hope everybody has a great day.

Jo Ann I made sausage balls for Christmas from a recipe Janet gave me but nobody liked them but me.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5107667 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good afternoon. Getting ready to leave for work and I sure do dread it. After a 3 day weekend I went in to the biggest mess I’ve ever saw that department in. I’m really getting tired of whats going on there and no help. I kinda think the store manager got an ear full yesterday too but he couldn’t care less. Our part time punk had been there and besides all the other stuff that had piled up over the weekend he left me about half of  what he was supposed to do yesterday morning. Anyway gotta get ready to head on in. Hope things are better today. Have a great day.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5107791 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Mary, we use pound cake for our strawberry short cake which is probably similar to your trifle, just not in a large container.

Gayle, I love sausage balls, but usually just make them with Bisquik, cheese and sausage.

Steve, I hope you find a better situation at work today.  Seems like this kind of thing happens all to frequently at your workplace.

Community Team Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.