Southeast Reports Thursday 2/20/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Thursday 2/20/14

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  Our low was 62º.  It’s cloudy and windy, and you know what happens when we have unseasonable warm weather this time of year.  We may be in for some stormy weather tonight.

Maybe you remember me telling you about what a sad shape the Troy Walmart was in when I went a few weeks ago.  WSFA TV in Montgomery has a special segment call Defenders, and some of the Troy residents asked them to come check out their Walmart.  It was on the 6:00 report last night.  I talked to another shopper yesterday about how bare the shelves were, and she told me WSFA was doing a report.  Obviously it’s just poor management in that store.  There’s other Walmarts I can go to, but the one in Troy is closest.  Hope they get it back up to par.

When I went to get the paper this morning I noticed that it did not look like we had any mud riders last night.  Hopefully the report on TV and/or the sheriff’s department has done some good.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Brantley, AL

#5098508 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Here’s a slideshow of pics taken at the Walmart.

http://www.wsfa.com/slideshow?widgetid=104980&clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

Community Team Member

#5098509 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody.  A sunny day & 47º at 9:30 this morning.  Will get warmer as the day goes on.  I’m loving it!!  Next week it will be cold again but not as cold as it has been.

I want to get back outside again today & do some more yard work out front.  Put down mulch on what I cleared yesterday & maybe clear off the Bee Balm Bed and possibly get started on the long d’way bed.    I don’t try to do everything in one day like I used to.

I have a funeral to go to tomorrow & will probably be gone all afternoon into the evening.  Plus it’s supposed to rain.

I watered some things in the GH this morning & trimmed back some cold damaged plants.

JoAnn, I put the Bluebell pot in there fore the winter.  I wasn’t sure how it would make out if I left it outside here over the winter.  They all died off & I had a pot of dirt.  I’ve just been letting it sit there to see what would happen & this morning I see a couple of tiny plants. :)   So I’ve started watering it again.  Now I’m curious to see if any re-seeded in the area where I had the pot sitting last summer.  Time will tell.

Maybe the news items scared the mud riders off for a while at least & hopefully the WM in Troy will improve.

I sent Jill an e-mail about all the stickys at the top & I see there are now less so that’s good.   On this program they have to go in & manually delete them.  On the other one they could set a limit on how long they stayed there.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5098515 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Jo Ann,  a windy one here storms coming in the evening,good you spoke to Walmart worker, if we don’t tell them they think every thing is fine, last week bought skinny girl sugar bags with a coupon to try, counted and two were missing so emailed them, got a call back said sometimes the machines miss some,is sending me a box soon! in Outback they gave me a dessert spoon to stir my tea with, I said this isn’t  a teaspoon, he said that’s all we have!!! 56-70* today, lunch is cooking! hello to others, have a nice day, Mary in KY 12.23am

#5098558 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Gayle, glad to hear that your bluebells are coming up.  I’m afraid we may have made a mistake by leaving our pots outside this winter.  It’s been an unusually cold winter and we did have snow which we don’t normally have.  I know my sister lost hers one year, but we gave her some more. If we lose ours maybe hers will survive, and we can get some more from her.  I also gave some to another friend, so maybe someone will have some to share.

Mary, the management at the Troy Walmart definitely know there’s a problem.  They posted an apology on FB and say they are working to correct the problem.  Lots of people commented on the post.

Community Team Member

#5098603 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good afternoon. Its been cloudy here so far today but at least we only had  a couple of sprinkles this morning early so I’m heading outside shortly. I have been to the green way this morning again. This makes two days in a row and its been a while since I was able to say that. Hopefully the weather will soon be so my only problem in going will be my work schedule or just too much to do at home. Jo Ann sounds to me like your Wal Mart has one of two problems. Either they don’t staff enough employees or  they have very poor management. Either way I put the blame on management since they are also the ones that do or don’t hire people. Our Wal Mart don’t have much in the way of customer service but at least they do keep the shelves filled most of the time.

Gotta get outside. Hope all of you have a great day.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5098634 Report Abuse
    dsp
    dsp
    Participant

Good afternoon, everyone!  The weather feels like a spring day here!

My son and I stayed up late last night getting some beef ready to smoke and to grill today, as our forecast was calling for a warm day today followed by storms this evening.  I got up this morning and started our (electric) smoker on our (uncovered) deck …and as soon as it got going good, rain started falling.  We had to move the smoker around to our front porch so it would be sheltered from the rain; but since we live in the country (and it’s only for a few hours), I don’t care what any passers-by may think about the smoker beside my front door!  We’ve never smoked beef before – only pork – so I am hoping that it will be good.

Jo Ann, I hope that the mud riders are gone for good now!  And the bare shelves in the slideshow were shocking…Our Walmarts usually are out of a few items on my list, but I’ve never seen one with such bare shelves except for times that a snowstorm was in the forecast!  I used to shop Walmart exclusively, but I do most of my shopping at Kroger and Sam’s Club now.

Gayle, I enjoyed hearing about your yard work.  A couple of days ago I got outdoors trying to clear weeds out of our gravel driveway; didn’t get near as much done as I wanted.  You’ve inspired me to get back out when the rain clears– as you said, it doesn’t all have to be done in one day!

It sounds as if everyone is having a good day; I hope that each of you has an enjoyable rest of your day!

Find more about Weather in Huntsville, AL

#5098687 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

Just had to chirp in with my temp/ 77 degrees. beautiful day- Eastover N.C/Fayetteville N.C.  at 2:45…now I am going back outside!!!

#5099008 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

JoAnn, I missed that slide show earlier.  Now that’s pitiful.

Sandra this is me sticking my tongue out at you.  LOL  (I’m just kidding you)

I didn’t get back outside today.  It clouded over & the breeze got really chilly & damp.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5099131 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Sandra I notice you have no signature. Ya know you really need a weather sticker to make us all jealous of your warm weather. Of course this summer a lot of people will be glad not to have your temps and humidity. I’ve heard of the heat and humidity down that way.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.