Southeast Reports Saturday 7/5/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Saturday 7/5/14

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by SandraRW SandraRW 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  Our low was 65º.  The temperature was only 82º last night around 6:30.  Very unusual for July 4th in this part of the country.

Congratulations to Gayle’s DGS Max.  He did good in the competition in California. And a handsome young man too.  I love that mop of curly hair.

I’m going to pick up the communion bread this morning.  Will return a book to the library drop box while I’m in town.  The library is closed until Monday.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Brantley, AL

#5260930 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good afternoon Jo An, a lovely breezy 60*and to 86* today, went out to Ryans for breakfast with Janet,got groceries and home, she got my email back on,it went somewhere!!good thing the girls know about computers when i have problems with it. got the printer to print coupons etc too! you must read quickly once you get started and don’t want to put it down! been a long time since i read library books, now, just go down and look through the magazines. hope steve and Gayle are all okay,that was a bad one going up the coast. said 6′ flooding in places.saw a few fireworks last night over the trees in the next subdivision then watched on the TV.hello to others, have a nice Saturday, Mary in Ky 12.23pm

#5260971 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Mary, the book I took back was not one of the books I picked up Thursday.  I had this one for about a week, but knew I would be finished with it before the library opened again Monday.  I am not a TV person.  The only thing I watch on TV is Wheel of Fortune.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Brantley, AL

#5260989 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good afternoon everybody.  I forgot to check the temp earlier this morning but it was a warm day.  No humidity so that kept it comfortable.  I know it was 82º at 12:30.

I filled bird feeders & HB feeders, one of which was full, & I mean full, of ants.  Did laundry & cleaned out another section of the d’way bed.

The deer had a feast in my yard last night.  They ate every single one of my Daylily blooms & most of the buds.   I heard we had some hard rain yesterday morning so I guess it washed the repel stuff off.  I should have sprayed when I got home yesterday but I didn’t think of it.  I have now sprayed every blooming thing (literally) & all buds in all of the beds all over the yard.   Also sprayed fungicide & insecticide.

JoAnn like the curly hair on Max but I think it needs at least a trim. Mop is a very apt description.  That’s what I call it too.  He tosses it back out of his eyes just like a girl.  LOL

Mary, all we got from Arthur was some much needed rain & a breezy day yesterday.

As for TV I never watch any daytime TV but will watch it between the hrs. of 8-11 at night if anything good on.   I read a lot too & I read fairly fast (mostly at night.).  I went to the library today & came home with 8 books.    When I was a kid we had a bookmobile come once a month & I would leave there with all I could carry.  LOL

Hope Steve has gotten rid of his yellow jackets by now & that everybody is having a good day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5261086 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

Hi all

i have been very busy with veggies. Etc. Canning and Freezing!  The rain from Arthur was needed, but not enough. It rained but no wind damage. I am two hours from the coast. Steve is more inland than me so he probably got less from Arthur, too.  We are also very busy bottle feeding one of the new calves. We have  had 10 calves now since June 17 and one was born tonight about an hour or less ago. We only have 13 breeding cows, so almost everyone has a calf.

I am still battling Japanese Beetles, but not as many.  My tropical milkweed is blooming and I will soon have lots of Cleomes. my Zinnias and 4 oclocks are really colorful.  i am still not seeing many butterflies. I saw only three or four today.  My Goldfinches are very yellow and finally visiting the feeders again.  I have the most dragonflies.!  But I like the way they seem to be friendly and stay around to watch me work. I am already picking my blueberries too. I made a Dump cake today with some…. Yum.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.