Southeast Reports Saturday 2/22/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Saturday 2/22/14

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by SandraRW SandraRW 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  We started out at a chilly 35º.  I’m glad that I took my ferns down and put them far enough back on the porches that frost could not get on them. It’s supposed to warm up nicely into the high 60s today.

WSFA TV is staying on top of the Troy Walmart story.  Yesterday they reported that corporate managers had flown in.  I’m guessing there will be Walmart employees visiting the unemployment office.

We are going to see the varsity baseball team play today.  They have played only one game this year, and they lost big time.  I think that’s because so many of their players, including Alex, graduated last year.  It’s a double header, and if the other team is running all over our team I will leave after the first game.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5099885 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good morning. Looks like today is going to be mostly sunny and pretty warm. Unfortunately I have to go to work this afternoon so I can’t enjoy it. Hpe to  get down to the green way this morning before work. Jo Ann I expect the  top management of that Wal Mart will be the first ones to become customers. After all its up to them to be sure the store is kept in order. Hope all of you have a great day.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5099888 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Good morning  , Going to enjoy this beautiful sunshine today —next week is back to winter :(

Have a good day !!!

#5099895 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning, Jo Ann-hope your team wins, Walmart is in trouble!!!  Steve-why does the sun shine when you have to work? it’s sunny here, 41-60* today! Gillians turn to go eat lunch at Ponderosa then shop at Deals, Sams and Meijers and wherever after,  come home play scrabble and then go to Outback to celebrate GD Alana’s 30th Birthday! might go bowling after if we feel like it with the families, have to wear my elastic back belt if we do go,all that bending!hello to others, enjoy the day, Mary in sunny Ky 9.32am

#5099954 Report Abuse
    Tennduckie
    Tennduckie
    Participant

Good Morning !

Jo Ann … keep us informed on that walmart … still amazed at that … wrong on so many levels !!

Managers,co managers ,assistant managers,dept managers ,stockers … I just wonder how and the world they got by with it … the district suppose to come in  and check on things … the store Manager & Assistants suppose to keep things up .. the dept managers suppose to have that stuff on order  they get a truck in EVERY NIGHT and the stockers suppose to put in on the shelf ..Stockers suppose to put it on the shelf and (( at random the assistant or support manager will do what they call a audit nightly they will pick a person and whatever they send back (( back stock )) that will not go on the shelf … will be checked and they will have a point system and that will go into your file .. and if they find it to go out on the shelf after you sent it back then you get points and that leads to the OFFICE … LOL …so probably … well I would think many people will lose a job ..but we are talking about walmart and they are so afraid of lawsuits .. they may not do anything to them

Ok I have rattled on too much … Have a great Day !!

#5099961 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

I expect you are correct, Daphne.  It’s sad when an employer cannot discipline an employee without being afraid of a lawsuit.  I failed to mention that there’s a Walmart Distribution Center in Brundidge which is about 8 miles from this Walmart.

Community Team Member

#5100281 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good evening everybody.  Running late here today.  I went to water Aerobics this morning & they have a class now on Thur evening so may do that one too.  Also one of the ladies there this morning invited me to play (water) Volleyball with them on Monday mornings & am seriously considering doing that.

When I got back home I worked out in the yard for a couple of hrs.  I mulched the beds I cleared out the other day & cleaned up the Bee Balm Bed.  Took a pole out of that bed that has a birdfeeder on it.  I want to change things around & put that somewhere else.

Outside of setting up a new light for seedlings that was my day.

I hope yours was great.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5100317 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

Hi everyone

I did an outdoor adventure today! Fayetteville/Cumberland County has a new state park and we went to see part of it. One of the Rockefellers had a home ( aka hunting lodge) on the property and after Mr Rockefeller died in 2002 it was willed to the nature conservatory and they gave it to the state to make a park.  They let a few people sign up on certain weekends and venture through the old house with a park ranger. It still needs lots of historical preservation, but someday maybe it will have new paint, etc. It will take experts to do the renovation because the house was built long time ago when it was OK to have lead paint and asbestos.

I took my camera, but I think I saw a total of three birds. I see more in my backyard than I did in those woods! Did not see any water fowls on the lake due to so many people fishing. I did see the biggest Camellia bush I believe I have ever seen. It had a few open blooms but was full of buds. It would be nice to see it in full bloom.

It was a beautiful day to walk and felt good to get outdoors after that long snowy week, a week ago.  I hear we may be in for some more cold weather soon, again, too. Wish this nice weather would stay around.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.