Southeast Reports Saturday 2/15/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Saturday 2/15/14

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Paleface Paleface 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  Our low was 36º.  We had some really heavy rain right after we went to bed last night, but it only lasted 4 or 5 minutes.

I saw some daffodils/jonquils yesterday afternoon on our way into town to eat.  I’ve never been sure how to tell the difference.  Loved seeing them, whatever they are.

Mary, what kind of Pepperidge Farm cake was it that you said you like?  I was looking for frozen biscuits last night and I saw lemon and orange.  I couldn’t remember which one you recommended, but I always like anything lemon so that’s what I picked up.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5070353 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

I just saw some friends on FB talking about an earthquake near the Georga/S Carolina border.  Gretchen who used to post here lives in Davidson, N.C. and she said her bed moved.  Just wondering if Steve, Jean or Janet felt anything.  I haven’t seen anyone here mention it.

Okay, I just looked at Garden Chat and some were talking about it last night.

Community Team Member

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Jo Ann Jo Ann.
    #5070412 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good afternoon. Back to work in a few minutes. Windy here this morning and down right cold. I saw on the news the earthquake was felt as far north as Hickory which is a tiny bit to our south and east. Not a lot going on here today but thankfully the evil white stuff is getting gone. Hope all of you have a great day.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5070569 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good afternoon,  Jo ann I like the lemon cake best still have 5 1/8th sections left,I score them so know how much i can have for dessert time. saw that they had red velvet cake now. Steve how did your snow go so quickly we still have it piled up on the sides of the roads still . supposed to get to 50′s next week, maybe it will go away then, been out with Janet, Jayne called was in town so she and GGS met us and we all ate lunch together at Ryans buffet.is sunny out there, hello to others, have a nice saturday. Mary in Ky 3.12pm

#5070630 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good afternoon everybody.  The day started out cloudy & 44º ay 9:15 this morning.  But by lunchtime we a cold, sleety, rain & the wind picked up.  It was nasty for a while

I went to my first ever water aerobics class this morning.  Enjoyed it enough that’ll I’ll go back next week.   I really felt energized afterward

After that I had to run to WM for some cat food & a few other pre-grocery shopping items..  Also went to Dollar Tree; another good place to pre-grocery shop.  LOL  The Girl Scouts were selling cookies outside WM so I got 2 boxes from them.

The rain had just started & they were under a canopy to stay dry.  When I came out, the adults were having to hold the canopy down & it was a lot colder than when I went in.

I saw on chit chat last night where Leslie felt the earthquake but she didn’t know what it was at the time.

That’s about it for me for now.

I hope everybody has had a great day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5070902 Report Abuse
    Paleface
    Paleface
    Participant

Good Evening ALL….

Got up late, and faced the fact that I had to try to fix my water woes. My son is at his lake home in middle GA…so he guided me via cell phone. After a couple of text photos…I went to get a hose fitting. Not sure about what I was doing I managed to get the new fitting on and clamped. I held my breath when I turned the water on. My heart was crushed as water sprayed out the camper connection. :(  This is less than was but not less enough to leave my water on. :(   Dear, dear son…said he would come up next week to help. :D

On a lighter note. got to participate in the GBYBC. Started my count at 5:00  pm and ended at 6:15 pm. Got to add 3 new species to my precious counts. :)

Jo Ann…I didn’t feel the earth moving.  Mary, stay warm and safe. Gayle,  Dollar Tree Rocks!!! 

Sandra, I loved your pretty cactus flower.   dsp….Glad you are counting the birds. :D 

http://jean-livingsimple.blogspot.com (The Joy of Bird Watching and Living a Simple Life)
    Jean in NW Georgia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.