Southeast Reports Monday 2/17/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Monday 2/17/14

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  Our low was 41º.  The lows for the next week are supposed to be in the mid 50s and the highs in the low to mid 70s.  We hung the ferns yesterday since there is no danger of frost for the next week.

Sandra, I loved seeing your snowman and turkey.  I especially liked the turkey.  I’ve seen people here decorate their hay bales for Halloween.  I had not thought about the paint not being good for the livestock, but you do have a point.

First baseball game of the year today!  It is a JV game, but we have 2 kids from our church playing.  The varsity game is an away game.  We will see them play Saturday.

There is a trailer park near here, and they have dumpsters for their garbage.  Yesterday a kid was riding on the trunk of a car with a garbage bag on each side of him.  When the car pulled onto the pavement he fell off and hit his head on the pavement.  They said he was unconscious.  Surely hope he is going to be okay.

Monday morning rounds for me this morning.  Bank, grocery store, library and Subway.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Brantley, AL

#5096404 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good afternoon Jo Ann, having your ferns out, nice! mine are under the swing covered up until  may our no frost date is usually about may 10th enjoy the game,  today is 26-40* and rain coming in but the sun is shining now. been to the gym and now soon be time to go play some scrabble and eat my fruit snacks of 1/2 banana and two clementines, oh they are really tart this time, hello to others, have a nice day, Mary in Ky 1.07pm

#5096434 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

I know we will have to put the ferns back in the garage, but it is nice having them hanging right now.

I talked to the lady whose grandson owns the trailer park, and she said the person who was injured is actually a 20 year old man.  The person who told us about it said it was a kid.  According to the lady I talked to this morning the man had emergency brain surgery last night, and the family was told that even if he survived the surgery he would be a vegetable. One can never say what we would do if faced with this situation, but I don’t know if I would have agreed to let my family member even have the surgery.  Of course, sometimes the doctors are wrong.

Community Team Member

#5096744 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Jo Ann sure hope the man is going to be ok…..I thought it was a state law not to ride in an open truck…kid or not….My nephew just called and said he had just got home from the ER. He had another seizure and fell onto something that blacked his eye….He drinks way to much and sometime we think that he might be on drugs ( don’t really know, he is in NC) He is 50 years old and knows better to be living his life like he does but some never learn…I told him that know one can help him but himself…or the want to help himself.  He is a home repair man so he can drink beer on the job I think…or that might not be his problem at all.He had a bad thyroid that liked to have killed him about 10 years ago because he never goes to the doctor to get checked out….His friend and co worker made him go to the doctor that time and his BP was way high and that is when they found out about the thyroid….   He smokes cigarettes and coughs like he has a terrible cold all the time…they are not helping either. God Help Him.

Mary I was going to join the YMCA here and they want $58 per month for just me or $78 for the two of us….can’t go that right now….We have a great big new 14 movie theater here and it has a humongous parking lot….think we might just go there and walk for free. if only I would get my butt up there….

We had a beautiful day here today….almost 70 deg  but I slept through half of it…I went to bed last night at 10:30 and still was not asleep at 5:30 this morning….so I told DH that I did not want my usual 9 am coffee that I was going to sleep but I woke up at 8:30 and got me a cup of coffee and put the drops from 4 bottles of eye drops in my eyes so I would be on schedule …Tomorrow is the day for the left eye Caterack surgery….was cancelled last week on account of bad weather….The only reason that I can think of that I could not sleep was that I drank a regular diet coke, instead of a decafe one and the caffeine did its number on me as it usually does….I don’t use caffeine and when I do this is the pay off for me….I was not conscious that I had done this until the middle of the night.   Well I need to go hang up some clothes and then I think I will go to bed…DH’s night to watch that stupid mess that they call wrestling these days….nothing like it used to be….and I don’t watch it with him…we usually go our separate ways when he watches this crap…..I have my own 32″ tv in bedroom since Christmas….He said you don’t need another tv….I said you watch a 50 in one in LR and I am not going to watch a 19 ” one any longer in the bedroom….I always get cramps in my neck when watching in bedroom but I still do it….oh well I am out of here…Hope all have had a productive day and stayed warm and in out of the weather….I am seeing signs of Spring in the yard.  Hosteas are even surfacing along with the tulips,daffs, etc.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5096756 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good evening. Had to go in to work this morning. Didn’t have time to get on here before  I left for work. Have to go in tomorrow morning also so not sure I’ll have time to be on in the morning or not. Wasn’t a bad day at work. Pretty slow but as the weather slowly begins to warm our slow days will pick up. Hope everyone had a good day.

Community Team Member

#5096791 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Janet, the guy was not in the trunk. He was sitting on the closed trunk.  And I’m sure that’s not legal.  The trailer he lives in is down a one lane dirt road that’s almost like a driveway.  The road that the dumpster is on is a county road. No heavy traffic, and you seldom see a law enforcement officer.  From the end of his dirt road to the dumpster is probably about the length of a city block, so I guess he thought he’d be okay. Hope your nephew will be okay.

Yep, that caffeine will do that to you.  I do not have any caffeine after lunch, not even anything chocolate.

Good that you have some slow days, Steve.  I’m sure y’all will be busy in the near future.

Community Team Member

#5096847 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good evening everybody.  I finally made it here.  Better late than never.

Another cold day, I’m so ready for a warm up.   It is supposed to rain overnight  (maybe mixed with snow) & then start warming up.  It was 29º at 9:15 this morning & a cold wind was blowing.

I worked for a while this morning, then ran errand & went grocery shopping.  But the time I got home & put groceries away it was supper time.  I checked e-mail & filed my report for work then watched some TV & here I am.

Hope everybody has had a good day.

photo signature_2_zps56806189.gif

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.