Southeast Reports Friday 5/16/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Reports Friday 5/16/14

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by SandraRW SandraRW 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  Our low was 56º, not nearly as cool as predicted.  They were saying we might get down to the upper 40s.  It’s sunny out and I can hear my wind chimes making beautiful music.

We got another tomato plant while we were in Andalusia Wednesday.  Hopefully it will be ready to start producing when the others stop producing.

Gotta clean house today.  I’m going to the library and trade books.  They have a Debbie Macomber book and a James Patterson book for me.  I tried reading “Dark Witch” by Nora Roberts, but it’s not for me.  I’m also on the reserve list for the next book in that series, but I am going to ask them to take my name off the list for that one.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5144738 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Morning everybody.  Work week done for me so finally made it here before midnight.  LOL

A very rainy, windy day.  We can use some rain but it’s a dark nasty day.  It was 68º at 8 this morning & probably won’t go much higher than that.

It seems like I’m always fighting some company about something.  I brought up the bank account this morning & there was an $18 charge last week that I didn’t recognize.  A couple of phone calls later I find out it is a renewal fee for a magazine via auto pay which I Never agreed to.

The short version  is they tell me because I renewed & paid online last year that I was automatically enrolled in auto pay with no option to agree or disagree.  Also they don’t notify you when they charge your acct. or the amt.

They have agreed to refund the $18 & remove me from auto pay & even though I like the magazine I will NOT be renewing again.

BTW, the magazine is National Home Gardening Club & I see some of you on their FB page.

Since it is pouring rain, that means I can’t cut grass so I’m doing laundry & hanging out here.  I desperately need to vacuum  & go grocery shopping.  I’ll wait & see if the rain lets up any before I go to the store.  Can’t go plant shopping either like I planned.

Leaving in the morning to go to Mike’s for my B’day & will be home Sunday.  Then I’m not going anywhere further than 50 miles from home till July.

Hope y’all have a great day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5144803 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good afternoon. Its much cooler here today than its been being but not bad at all. We were all the way down to 43° here last night and they are saying the lower 40′s tonight but I wouldn’t be surprised with this dry air if we got into the 30′s by morning. This morning I’ve been to the  green way and done a little playing in the yard. Time for work now and the next 2 days then its a week or vacation. Have a great day.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5144862 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good afternoon, a sunny but very windy day, 58* now, Jo Ann-Chimes do sound nice, I’ve got the patio window open to hear them and let some fresh air in, things are blowing off the trees.Gillian had to keep the car windows closed for allergies! went to Doctors and had my left eye cleared,had gotten blurry. glad insurance pays most of the bill.Gayle- Happy Birthday for tomorrow enjoy with family, yes, Guidepost did that to me too, so have to write a letter saying do not renew next time or will NOT pay! Steve-good you got a run to the green today.time to go fix some supper, hello to others enjoy the evening. Mary in windy Ky 4.02pm

#5144871 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Good Afternoon….We started at 46 cool degrees, it’s  78 sunny degrees now. I bought some groceries this morning and then put a boneless beef rump roast in our electric smoker at 8:30AM. It was finished at 1:20PM, I cleaned the smoker and put the meat away by 1:30PM.

The bridge project manager answered my 9 questions in a email by 9:00AM this morning, that’s fast service, I liked his answers. The new bridge should be finished by mid October or early  November. The original start date would’ve been January 2015, our tax dollars ahead of schedule, that’s great! A neighbor called to see if I knew what was going on at the bridge, I read  him what the manager had sent to me.

Terry

#5144953 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Our weather has been hot (90′s)but I have been outside most of the week working in my flower beds, etc. Today, thanks to over 3 inches of rain yesterday is cooler and slightly windy. Not much time for the internet chats.  I have got the weeds out and mulch on all now so I can take a breather..I hope. I had started milkweed and some other seeds months ago and they also had to be transplanted. So far so good. I want the Monarch Butterflies to find me this fall!!! I am also working on a new hay bale idea. large sun flower with a dragonfly and butterfly. Not sure when I will get finished with that project and get it installed. The community is asking me “what’s next?” I just say “soon”.  I am posting a new photo I took yesterday of an Indigo Bunting. I was inside working on my hay bale decoration and happened to look outside at the feeders. I managed to get one photo through the glass doors before he flew away. I am hoping all will have  a wonderful weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.