Southeast Monday 8/11/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Monday 8/11/14

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jo Ann Jo Ann 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  It’s 73º and cloudy here this morning. We had rain late in the afternoon the last couple of days, 1/2″ for both days combined.

Gayle, I have read “I, Michael Bennett” and “Gone”.  I read all of the James Patterson books although most of the ones that are published now are co-written with other authors.  I think maybe he just lends his name, but he obviously has a great deal of influence on the story line.  He’s one of my favorite authors, and I have never read a book by him that I did not like. It doesn’t take long to read his books because they have short chapters and there’s some blank spaces at the end of one chapter and the beginning of the next chapter.

I saw the pictures of your bonfire event on FB.  Looks like everyone was having a great time.

One of my sons has jury duty this week.  Maybe y’all remember me telling you about one of Alex’s friends killing a girl on New Year’s Day.  That is one of the cases on the docket.  I’m sure the prosecution will not let Tim be on that jury because of Alex’s association with Taylor.  This is a tragic situation involving drugs and alcohol.  From what I’m hearing it was an accident, but 1 life was lost and another ruined.

I’m going to the bank and grocery store today.  Nothing else going on that I know of right now.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5272610 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Jo Ann, awful what bad drugs and alcohol can do to a person,70-85* today with 70% chance of storm coming in, so took my umbrella to the gym just incase it rained earlier than they said. came back and read chalked words on pavement,they are going to repair the two uneven ones outside the apartment here and don’t want any cars parked there ,so hope it is dry enough to do. stopped and got some shredded cheese to make eggplant parmesan in the little stone ware pot, see them in the stores now,had sent away for mine. hello to others, have a nice Monday, Mary in Ky 10.20am

#5272638 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Morning everybody.  Hot & Sunny & a lot of mosquitoes around.  It was 80º at 10:30.

We have a plane that sprays for mosquitoes ( the county does this) but it hasn’t been around much this year.  From what I understand there is a  liaison from each community that arranges this aerial spray with the county  as needed.  Apparently our liaison hasn’t been doing a very good job of this.  They have only sprayed twice this year.  Everybody was complaining this weekend so the story is they will spray tomorrow morning, weather permitting.  Guess what, it is supposed to rain off & on all day tomorrow.  If that happens, no spray & even more mosquitoes.

I filled bird feeders this morning & HB feeders & swatted mosquitoes.  LOL  Made some more HB food & am boiling eggs for Egg Salad.

Might spray myself down & go out & clean up the Daylilies down the side of the house in a little while.  That won’t take long.

No other special plans for today.  Working tomorrow.

Jo Ann all the Patterson books I have read have another name on the cover.  Somebody told me the other person does all the research, etc; & Patterson does the writing.   I went back to the library yesterday & found the 2nd book (Gone).

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5272662 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

I think James Patterson is the only author of the Alex Cross series, but I’m not positive about that.  Most of his recent books are co-written with other authors.  There’s 22 books in the Alex Cross series with #22 schedule to be released in November.

Community Team Member

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.