Southeast Friday 8/01/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Friday 8/01/14

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Good morning…..We started at 68 degrees, it’s 70 hazy degrees now. I just got back from putting  critter corn out on the north property, that might be all I do today, I’m a little stiff from laying on the ground and working on our lawn tractor :lol: Looks like Tropical Storm Bertha formed late last night.

Joyce cut up potatoes and onions while I cut up some pork loin and our Big Bertha peppers…she made hash last night. I cut up the rest of the pork loin, packaged and labeled it for the freezer, enough for three more meals. Not bad for a 5.49 lb loin, $14.05 total for five meals :-) It sure was good, she might make a pizza for tonight or stop on the way home and get a WM pizza to save time.

Gayle…..We all can keep posting here, no problem, I’m going to scramble a egg and heat up one of Jo Ann’s sausage muffins after posting…..she’s still here in her muffins :wink:

Terry

#5269746 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  I’ve been enjoying the cooler days and nights.  Our low was 60º Wednesday morning and 61º yesterday, but we are warming back up now.

Terry, I cooked sausage muffins yesterday morning, and I’ve just warmed some of them for Ben and me for breakfast.  The DGD is still sleeping, and she will have one or two when she gets up.

Gayle, I know you have been enjoying having your DGKs.  I have always enjoyed having mine, but to be honest I must admit that I was always ready for them to go after I had them for several days.  Now it’s different with the DGD.  She’s 14 and takes care of herself.

I hope Janet is enjoying her trip.  They have had some nice weather.  I did not realize there’s a tropical storm out there.  Will have to check on it.  Hope it brings us some rain.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5269748 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Terry, a bright sunny 66* high 86* forgot about getting on yesterday meant to,but you know how that can be. walked down to Kroger to get some milk as the 1/4 left of 2% didn’t taste right, so out it went. nice to have a freezer to stock foods in, my little apartment one is full! good thing that friend didn’t call,I’d went to the postbox and nobody in the pool so checked the gate, sign had dates it would be opened as the life guards are college students. Gayle-todays children have a dictionary of their own, do you swim? got to make a trifle soon for tomorrows reunion out in the country, Gillian, June, Janet,Karen and i will be going together, son Jerry and his wife will be there too, they live in the next state of Indiana just over the Ohio river,don’t think Jayne will go as too far away to travel. BIL will be coming in from NC, most of the Martin families all live in the country where they grew up. have a nice day, Mary in KY 10.31am

#5269751 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning.

Jo Ann, I’m glad you decided to drop in again.

I was supposed to take the GKs home today. Mike called last night & said since DIL is working all weekend he might come down tomorrow, take the kids to the beach & then take them home Sunday.  But it is supposed to rain the next two days so no point in him coming & sitting around the house with them.  (Plus you’re right, I’m ready for some “Me” time.  Even though it would save me gas money if he comes & gets them)

They don’t want to go home just yet so Max & I reached an agreement.  I’ll call his Dad tomorrow morning & if the weather is nice, Plan A will take place.  If weather is bad I’ll take them home. (Plan B)

Today is very cloudy & looking like rain so we’re just staying in . I did put the sprinkler out because some of my plants are looking pretty wilted.  I gave them some water Thur but not like I normally do.  Plus Maddie wanted to help so they got a “lick & a promise” for the most part.

We may end up going to the indoor pool later.  I don’t know yet.  Right now they are watching a movie, I’m here, doing laundry & moving the sprinkler around.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5269758 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Mary, I think the low fat milk goes bad quicker than the whole milk does.  I’ve found that it usually goes bad before the expiration date.

Gayle, Ben didn’t understand me saying that we would take the GKs home.  He said just let the parents come get them until I explained to him that if we take them home they can go whenever we are ready for them to go.

Community Team Member

#5269797 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

You got it !!!

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.