Southeast Friday 7/25/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast Friday 7/25/14

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  It’s sunny again today.  Not sure if thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon.

We are going to get our hair cut at noon today.  We don’t normally go on Friday, but the lady who cuts our hair had out of town visitors this week.

DGD will be spending the weekend with us.  This is her weekend to be with her mother, but the mother called DS and said she did not have the money to come get her.  I don’t understand her not having the money since she lives with her mother and step-father.  She has had her car long enough that it should be paid off since it was not a new car when she bought it.  It’s probably 30 miles one way, and her only expense should be putting gas in her car.  DS had already obligated himself to work this weekend.  It’s all okay though.  DGD is no trouble.  We will go out to eat tonight and I will let her get some movies from Redbox, so she will be happy.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5267701 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Jo Ann, 84* at 9.41! it won’t get to 85* until about 5pm here. how old is your GD? expecting storms over the week-end, but didn’t happen the other day so maybe they will be wrong again!Gayle- saw what the tornado did on the news, awful that it can happen so quickly. Janet-odd what that cone flower is doing! Hello Steve, Terry and others, having Tilapia, hash potato patty and broccoli for lunch. enjoy the day, Mary in Ky 10.50am

#5267718 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

DGD is 14, and she can stay home by herself when DS is working day shift.  He works at Hyundai in Montgomery, and they change shifts every month.  During the month of July he is working 3rd shift.  He will be on 2nd shift in August.  Not sure if he will let her stay by herself until he gets home around midnight.  In September he will be back on days, but will still need someone to take her to school and pick her up after school/band practice.  Her sister is the one who just graduated from high school and moved away to be closer to her work and boyfriend.  As long as she was home they were okay staying home by themselves until DS got home.  I don’t mind helping.  My ex helps also, but she doesn’t want to spend the night there.  No computer there, plus she has her own TV here.

Community Team Member

#5267791 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Good Afternoon…..We started at 72 degrees, it’s  93 cloudy degrees now.  I couldn’t tell what two deer were for sure yesterday at 3:30PM, tree limbs were blocking my view. I spent three hours clearing overhanging brush on about 700′ of creek trails this morning, I used long handled  loppers. I cleared a path to Sweet Gum tree that had limbs hanging down and  then trimmed those limbs. I had to use my telescoping pole trimmer to reach the limbs that were 20′ up on the tree. Now we can see most everything at the north property feeding spot, I’ll need to go back down and cut a couple small limbs on two other trees at the creek to make it completely clear. I saw a small ‘coon eating over there about thirty minutes ago.

After we visit the kids and GS Saturday morning maybe we can go feed the creek fish, they acted hungry when I was working along the creek.

Gayle….We have a escrow account that our property tax and homeowners insurance gets paid out of, that’s the way it has been  on all three houses that we were buying. We don’t have to worry about any of the payments :-)

Mary….We had fried pork chops, French fries, tomatoes and pasta yesterday. There’s enough leftover for  tonight….that’s unless Joyce decides to make a pizza.

Jo Ann…..It has to be hard to sit and watch family problems,  got to let the kids grow up. I was babysitting when I was 13 years old but I wasn’t allowed to stay alone overnight at that age. Down here   I think a child can choose the parent they want to be with at 13 or 14, no more of the “his or hers” visitation, of course that might have changed over the past forty years…lawyers you know :-(

Terry

#5267815 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good evening everybody.  A really nice day.  Not too hot , just warm enough.  It was 75º at 10″15 & it’s been sunny all day.

I went & got gas, picked up a few groceries & ran a couple of other errands.  Just piddled around when I got home.  I did get the last bookcase emptied out & moved now it’s just a matter of putting things back on the shelves.

I cut the back yard as the sun was going down.  All that’s left to do is the front which I will do in the morning.

Not much happening around here.  Hope y’all have had a good day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.