Southeast for Thursday

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Southeast for Thursday

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Jo An, am trying as you said,see if it works.Mary in KY

#5267170 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Yes, it worked!

Community Team Member

#5267218 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Now we have tomorrow’s all ready to go.  :)

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5267359 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it’s 77º at 9 a.m.  The weatherman says we have more cool weather on the way.  Yay!

Terry, the band will practice marching formations in the morning and learn their new music in the band room where it’s cool in the afternoon.  They are meeting tonight to practice something to perform at the Back to School Bash sponsored by the PTA on Aug. 2nd.

Ben just went out and opened the chicken pen door to let the chickens out.  They do love to get out and scratch around in the yard.  Just hope they don’t find our tomatoes. If they do they will have to stay in the pen from now until the tomatoes are gone.

The only thing I have on my agenda for today is cleaning the outside of my kitchen cabinets and the stove.  I noticed last night that they really need cleaning.

Y’all have a great day!

Community Team Member

#5267365 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning, a sunny 70* and breezy, up to 80 so not too hot. did get to the pool yesterday nobody there at 3pm so had the pool to myself except for the life guard, storm never showed up,so had to water the plants this morning. Jo Ann-I,m watching for the squirrel to try and eat my tomatoes! had a cricket in the living room, hard to catch but got it.think bugs are just waiting to come in when i open the patio door! Janet- good you have a freezer for all the fruits etc. big bright quilt. Gayle-I expect you will be doing something in the yard?Terry- oh no,you add hot sauce! have to tell girls about the milk as they all like spicy foods. everyone have a nice day, Mary in sunny Ky 10.45am

#5267440 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Good Afternoon….We started at 68 degrees, it’s 88 cloudy degrees now. I mowed the yard this morning using the lawn tractor and then moved mulch with the garden trailer behind it. I  added mulch, dirt and more roll roofing to a driveway berm, it sure held up good during a thundershower yesterday, maybe the extra work will do good if it rains later today. I went ahead and spread two trailer loads of mulch, in some low areas, while I was out working.

Janet….Cubanelles are a large(8″ long) sweet pepper, kind of like a Anaheim, they’re good for stuffing. Our Big Bertha’s are a type of “bell” pepper without the bitter  and after taste, they’re  3″-4″ diameter and 7″ long.

Jo Ann….We practiced  like that, we were also learning some new “parade cornering”. In place  of rounding a corner, each file went straight out a certain amount of steps and then made a sharp turn. I didn’t care for it :lol: I was in marching  and concert bands plus played drums in the school rock band….seems like all I ever did was practice , practice and then practice some more.

Mary…..I don’t add hot sauce, I add some chili pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and cilantro to most canned soups, chilies and stews :-) Herbs and spices don’t mean “hot”, they’re for flavor.

Terry

#5267445 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good afternoon everybody.  A rainy day but I was working so doesn’t matter.  Rain’s good for the gardens anyway.    It was 73º at 8:30 & sprinkling.

We had a TS come through around 1:30 AM & light rain off & on for most of the day.  There was a tornado that went through a campground about 60 miles south of here.   There were 1300 people staying there , 2 dead, lots of injuries & campers flipped all over the place.  (They haven’t actually confirmed a tornado yet but it was) .  A tractor trailer flipped over on the hwy.  I haven’t  heard the category or wind speed yet but hail the size of softballs was reported.

I was at work & actually heard about it from my son who told me it was all over the news where in lives (outside Annapolis, Md.)   A tornado is a real rarity around here so big news for sure.

I’ve4 been on the phone straightening out my property taxes.  I pay them myself on a monthly basis but ever since a 3rd party got involved with my mortgage company its been a nightmare.  They will bring up my tax info (which is their right to do so) & see a balance due & pay it which just messes everything up.  The guy I just talked to suggested I just let that happen & repay them instead of paying the county.  I might just do that.

No special plans for the rest of the day.  It’s getting too late in the day to start any big projects.

Hope y’all have had a good day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.