Some of my flowers I wanted to share…

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Some of my flowers I wanted to share…

This topic contains 16 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  OhioLilacLady 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I am not a flower person, but I am becoming one as  I do have my flower bed that I play with… love seeing new things come up… I thought maybe you might want to see some of what I try to grow..lol

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5152221 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Very pretty. If you hang around us we rub off on people. :)

Sandy M.

#5152222 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

:)   Sharon, it looks like you and I have a lot in common.  You could have taken pictures at my house by the looks of your pretties.  I love all the things you shared!  My one peony bush is just about at its peak right now (the dark pink).  The lighter pink took a whoopin’ with our last wind storm.  I have false sunflower that looks about like your first pic, but it isn’t blooming yet.  I LOVE your clematis!  Is it a Kilian Donahue?  I have one that looks like yours and it is a KD.  I’m waiting on my portulaca to bloom in my window box.  I decided to direct sow the seed this year in the box.  So far, so good!  Thanks for sharing your pictures.  I always enjoy seeing pretty flower pictures.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5152230 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Very pretty, and I think it’s fun to see if I can get new things to bloom. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

#5152238 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty blooms.  Sandy is right.  Hang out with us & you’ll get addicted like the rest of us.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5152239 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Those flowers are beautiful, especially the Peonies…you are doing great for sure

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5152246 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Oh…those are pretty! You always take such nice pictures!

Well, Stella (stelios) has become addicted to bird-watching….

Now maybe you will become addicted to gardening! (I love both!)

Enjoy!

Linda Z

#5152263 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Thanks everyone… and Karen I have no idea about the clematis… my neighbor lady gave me a start of it…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5152265 Report Abuse
    caden
    caden
    Participant

Enjoyed the flowers and I think you are a good flower gardener with all those to show….I love any kind of gardening, mostly enjoy watching the blooms come and go sure is a grand time of year….

p.s. I have a veggie question? I picked up on sale some ‘Banana” peppers so when I pulled out the tag it is Hot Peppers so what do I do with them are they the kind that burns when you cut them up …I planted them anyway……interesting lesson learned..can they be canned?  thanks for any tips…..

#5152287 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Sharon, those are beautiful.  Can’t wait for my peonies to bloom.

Caden, if you go on the Vegetable Forum, I am sure someone will be able to give you the right information.  Lots of people can their goods…..!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5152312 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

Caden there are two kinds of banana peppers – hot or sweet. I always grow both for my canned salsa. The hot ones are quite hot. You could pickle the hot ones too.

#5152390 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Sharon….your flowers are beautiful!  I am glad you shard them with us.  You need to be sharing on Steve’s daily pic thread.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5152391 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Very pretty flowers Sharon!!

Caden-if you keep the hot peppers wear gloves when you cut them, and I like to cut them outside too b/c the oil makes me cough just terrible.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5152444 Report Abuse
    caden
    caden
    Participant

thanks for tips on the banana peppers, I may just let them in the garden….good garden learning experience or give to someone who likes hot peppers….I have plenty of salsa lovers in the family…..its raining here and enjoying the slow misty rain……

#5152648 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Sharon, love all thr pics of yourbeautiful flowers!  Looks like you’re doing good there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.