snow pics….anky

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat snow pics….anky

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Grandmaof2 Grandmaof2 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Here are some pics from yesterday & today.

Yesterday

today

yesterday

today

it looks like we were walking the rabbit!! but we weren’t.

swimming anyone??

more is on the way –2-4 tomorrow & ice Monday into Tuesday.

photo signature_1.gif

#5068291 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Looks like you’ve got lots of snow there, Sue.  I am guessing that is not usual for your area, right?  We are supposed to get 3 inches tomorrow and then freezing rain/sleet/snow on Monday.  I am thinking that the school makeup day on Monday may be cancelled because of weather…how ironic.  I hope the roads are good for you on Tues to take Josh to his appt.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5068322 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Actually Charlene we have only a bit more then usual for the winter. The last few years we’ve been under & this year we might be over but we are use to snow. It’s just that we don’t like it all at once!! Even the cold has been more unusual this year. By now we should be warmer then we have been. But February is a typical snow month.

photo signature_1.gif

#5068358 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

It is beautiful sitting in my warm house but looks too familiar for where I used to live it brings back not too fond memories of having to drag water by toboggan from the house to the barn to feed the animals because the drifts were too high to carry it and the water in the barn was frozen…and I had gone though all of the hair dryers thawing them out.  I would love to see pictures in the summer because I know it is beautiful then.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5068377 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Well Molly just for you I went digging thru photobucket:

hope that makes you  feel better!!! :)

photo signature_1.gif

#5068389 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

I don’t know about Molly but those summer picture sure make me feel better lol. 

I’m about ready to shovel all our snow into a (big)  envelope and send it to Nebraska !

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5068480 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Yep Sue, we walk the rabbits around here too..LOL  Lately though, I don’t see its tracks in back of the house heading for the the seed underneath the feeders.  I just wonder if an old hoot owl got it one night.  I will have to check to see if I see any tracks tomorrow.  If not, then some predator must have got em for dinner.

Same here Charlene…sleet turning to snow for Monday up to six inches…gee wis this needs to stop, but then the news said an earthquake just took place a while ago down south.  Good Grief!  What a mess of a year.

flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Didn’t the farmers almanac say we were all going to have a snowier winter ? I think they were right. We have had a couple of days with hardly any snow and it’s supposed to go up to 50 by Thursday. I hope Leslie is ok I can’t believe they had an earthquake and the way the news made it sound the Carolinas got the worst of the storm.

Sandy M.

#5070212 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I definitely like the summer pictures better. The thing about the winter pictures is that all our gardens look identical right now.  It’s starting to snow again now and I have to leave for work soon.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5070231 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

It is beautiful , Sue, but after the week I have had please keep it there. It would shut us down till Easter. Two and a half days without power was enough for me not to want to see any winter precipitation for a very long time.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.