Snow Birds

Home Forums Birding Feeding Birds Snow Birds

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by carross carross 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    carross
    carross
    Participant

I love my snow birds, I have so many of them this year, front and back feeders.  One thing about snow birds, is nothing in the feeder, they go to the ground.    Love them, but I must say, this year, I will be glad when they leave and no more snow and cold.

Carol

#5100708 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hubby and I were just talking about that… about a month and they will be going… we had one junco stick around until April 9th last year… but only one… I too just want the winter to end but hate seeing my American Tree Sparrows and Juncos leaving.. love watching them all winter..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5100864 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

Usually I have only a few juncos here and there, but this year I have had 8+ all year, all the time.

www.birdsofohio.webnode.com

#5100993 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I had lots of Junco’s this year, love them but will be glad when they leave! LOL I love them but like spring a lot better. Redwinged blackbirds are the ones I’m looking for right now!

#5101019 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Yes,  The red-wing black birds will be back soon, I have seen them here when we had snow on the ground, but it was a late spring snowstorm.  RWBB are hogs at my feeders, and bullies.

Carol

#5101580 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

We have red winged black birds here to  with the grackles. They are bullies and not my favorite birds to say the least lol.

Yep the juncos as well as the white throated sparrows will soon leave but then around here we get new replacements such as the indigo bunting and the brown thrashers. Theres others as well but  those  two just come to my mind first and lets not forget the goldfinches will be putting on their summer breeding colors too.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5103971 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I have not had one junco this year which I thought strange. Maybe they knew how brutally cold it was going to be.

. “Snow Bird” is the title we give our neighbors who up and leave us to migrate south for the Winter.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5104008 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Wendy,  It has been bitter cold, and lots of snow this year, so I must have all of your birds.

Yes, that is what we call people here that leave for the winter.

Carol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.