Seedlings and Mystery seed Sandy M.

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds Seedlings and Mystery seed Sandy M.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  razzmataz 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Den set up

Mystery seed from Rob the perennial none of the annuals came up.

The living room set up.

Toad lily from Molly they are all doing well.

Sandy M.

#5111105 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Everything looks great, Sandy!  You are really going to be ready for spring.  Good for you!

PilgrimIndiansiggy photo PilgrimIndiansiggy.jpg
    Karen
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5111118 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Looks really good Sandy.  My living room will look like yours by next week.  Gotta clean up the shelf and get it placed.  You are off to a good start.  Your seedlings look very healthy.

SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

The setups look great. Since I was at your house, I see the whole picture. Sorry the annual mystery seed did not do well.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5111167 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

It looks like you have been busy planting and transplanting, Sandy.  They look good….and happy where they are.  Isn’t it funny how they adapt quickly to being transplanted and moved.  I see you use lights even when they are in the windows….maybe those aren’t south windows?

I have a few more that could stand a 2nd transplant, but I am holding off until next weekend.  I’ve got enough to do today.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5111191 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Charlene it is south windows but not enough to keep them from stretching. I have more in my bedroom also but not as many as in the den and living room. I have actually finished today planting seed now just wait for transplanting and letting them grow. Not sure I will put the green house up this year or not. Time will tell.

Sandy M.

#5111232 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Sandy tell me about the Toad Lily. I planted some seed from a plant that looks like an iris but is greyish green and 10 to 12″ tall and I don’t know what it is. Maybe a toad lily. The seedlings look like yours. Abey

#5111283 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Abey this is the first time I’ve grown it. The leaves look like reeds or Iris just starting. Mine are nice and green. Maybe Molly will see this and answer your question better. One of the crepe myrtle you gave me came up and is growing slowly so hopefully it will be big enough to plant in the ground this year.

Sandy M.

#5111322 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Sandy I’m glad the crepe myrtle seed came up, I have some up too. Mine are growing really well. I don’t need them so will give them to someone. Abey

#5111326 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Sandy nice set up and your seedlings are looking great.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5111366 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

They look good

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5111516 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

They are looking great Sandy . They look so healthy .

I never thought about using the paint cans , I could use them under my make shift shelves . I’m using those laminated  floor boards lol.

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5114238 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

I am happy to report that out of the 6 sets of mystery seedlings I got from Snowwolf………Sherrilyn, I think??…….I have sprouts on all but maybe one of them!  One set I had to soak nick seed and soak overnight, and they have sprouted already, and looks like it is going to be some type of lily, and two of the others looks very tiny…while a couple others look sturdier!   This is exciting!  Can’t wait to see what they are going to be!

I also transplanted some of the mexican hats last night, thanks, Leslie! and a few other things, but seeing the thread about the salpi reminded me I need to get some of those sown…….don’t know where I am going to put all this stuff til its warmer, and also, how I am going to manage to take care of it!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.