Saturday on the VIP-July 5

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Saturday on the VIP-July 5

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I don’t have much time but wanted to start this, probably by the time I hit “enter” there will be another one..so be it. I am heading over to start painting in the parsonage. FINALLY getting to do the fun part, all of the walls need to be painted before he lays the new flooring through the entire house. It is a beautiful day here I so wish I could stay home but my little corner of the world must be patient while I do something else. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th and are ready for a nice restful day today.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5260827 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Good morning.  I’ll be working on the floor again today. My carpal tunnel has been really bad this week so I can’t feel my fingers very well so it is going to be a little difficult. But I will manage.

Molly, since it is Saturday I hope you will have help.

Today is DGD#3s 4th birthday. Time is flying by.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5260842 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Good morning.  51 ad mostly sunny.  There is a cool breeze also.  Yesterday was a busy day.  I managed to put together 8 more hanging baskets before time to go to work.  Addison was also here for a couple of hours.

I am tired today but am trying to convince myself that I am going outside and work on the entrance bed and side yard.  I would also like to finish the garden bridge today.  I don’t have to be to work until 5.

DH’s family is having a family reunion today that I am suppose to attend but have so much to do here I really don’t want to go.  If it were here in town it would be easy to just stop by and see everyone before work but it is 20 miles away so would take a lot of time out of my day.  DD and DGD are also working so can’t go but I think DS and Addison are going.

Molly, you sure are dedicated to getting the parsonage ready.  Sorry that you can’t have more help there now that it has been cleaned up.

Leslie, you are doing a lot of work on your house.  I hope you plan to at least take tomorrow off and rest before going back to work.

Have a great day.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5260848 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good morning all. Another beautiful day here. How did we get so lucky?!  I intend to get some minimal housework done and get outside. I also need to get some marathon cooking done. It may seem a pain when I need to do it but in the long run when I come home from work and supper just needs a few minutes in the microwave and a salad, it’s well worth it.

I got my zinnias seeds planted yesterday. Not sure what I’ll be getting into today.

Have a terrific day.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5260852 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good morning.
    Just a quick stop for me too. I want to start digging weeds before it gets really hot. High today will be upper 80s to low 90s. I just know I am going to melt, lol. I also have a few more things to get planted after I get the weeding done. It is strange that the weeds are so bad. Last year it was a nice grass lawn with a few dandelions and a few thistle here and there.

Molly don’t overdo it with the painting as you will be using lots of muscles and you don’t want to be sore for the next week.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5260856 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good morning everyone!  It is 57º and cloudy here this morning.  We are to see the sun off and on all day and temps are to be in the mid 70s again.

I hope to get more weeding done today and then this afternoon we have a birthday party to attend.  A lady I used to work with at the Country Club is turning 80.  It will be fun to see her again.

I am sorry that you all have so much work to do today….but such is life.

Have a great day everyone.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5260858 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Good morning everyone is so busy. Hopefully I get the trees cut that are broken out back today. Need  to mow the lawn and do some weeding. That seems to be a never ending chore.

Went to see the fireworks last night in the town next to me. What a nice display they did. Glad I brought a blanket to sit on we covered up with it because it was a little chilly. Have a wonderful day.

Sandy M.

#5260892 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good morning!  It is gorgeous here so far today.  I think it is supposed to be nice until Monday.  Then we may get some rain.

I think I may spend at least some of the day reading out by the pool.  I have a library book that I MUST finish.  I’ve already renewed it once.  To have to do so again would be silly.  I need to just sit down and read!

Sorry about your carpel tunnel, Leslie.  That sneaks up on you and doesn’t let go.  I am not good about wearing my braces while on the computer and I know that is making mine worse.

Have a good day however you will be spending yours!

SantaandbabyJesuschristmas photo SantaandbabyJesuschristmas.jpg
    Karen
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5260994 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good afternoon everybody.  I forgot to check the temp earlier this morning but it was a warm day.  No humidity so that kept it comfortable.  I know it was 82º at 12:30.

I filled bird feeders & HB feeders, one of which was full, & I mean full, of ants.  Did laundry & cleaned out another section of the d’way bed.

The deer had a feast in my yard last night.  They ate every single one of my Daylily blooms & most of the buds.   I heard we had some hard rain yesterday morning so I guess it washed the repel stuff off.  I should have sprayed when I got home yesterday but I didn’t think of it.  I have now sprayed every blooming thing (literally) & all buds in all of the beds all over the yard.   Also sprayed fungicide & insecticide.

Sounds like everybody is planning on yard work today except Molly & Leslie.  Actually I’d rather lay carpet than paint.  :)

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.