Saturday in the Midwest August 30

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Saturday in the Midwest August 30

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by bwatcher bwatcher 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Afternoon,  Can’t believe no one started this.  We have 76* going to a high of 82* humid day.  Haven’t done much today, got a phone call that was very upsetting.  Our dear friend who we play cards with is in ICU, 6 weeks ago she had that weight lose surgery.  I don’t know if this is why this is happening.  She has 2 blood clots, and something to do with her bowels.  I will know more when I get another phone call, she has been in since Thursday afternoon.  Her sister called me early this morning.

Have a great day,  Carol

#5278821 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good afternoon, I tried to post earlier and when I hit submit it was gone to lala land.  After that I couldn’t start a post.  I just hope this reply will post correctly.  We had a half inch of rain overnight.  I has been trying to rain all morning except at 11 it tried to clear off but it has clouded over again and it is dark up north.  I got up this morning at 7 and let the dog out.  I walked into the kitchen to turn on the coffee and Tim said HI.  Scared the bejesus right out of me. He said he is just practicing for next week when he will be going in at 6 am.  He seems very excited about his new job so I hope it goes well for him.  He went grocery shopping and I’m doing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen.  Not much planned for the rest of the weekend.  Maybe just watch some TV and make a list of things I want to sell.  I am not planning on selling the house for now.  No activity so I’ll be here another winter so I’ll plan accordingly. Carol, sorry about your friend.  Those clots can be dangerous if they start moving.  If it were the surgery I would think it would have happened sooner but I am no expert.  Hope everyone else is doing well and having a great long weekend.  Lair

#5278937 Report Abuse
    Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Gee it sure was guiet on here today.  Even at our house.  We did go out for supper with my mother because today would have been my dad’s 94th birthday

#5279014 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Hi All, Work was work from hell again. I worked alone for the first two hours. They just changed it that the 4-9 was now 5-9, but I had the nurse call the gal and see if she could come in at 4 and stay to the end of the night. We had three showers and two therapies to do, and only one shower got done out of all those, and that was because it’s his birthday tomorrow and his wife wanted him showered, shaved, and she had the clothes picked out that he was to wear tomorrow when she comes to get him. We had a new resident admitted yesterday, so that brings the count back up to 20 people on our wing, so we are not down in count, but we’re still gonna be short again at 6 tom. night. The day shift gal is staying until 6, and then it will be us same two that worked late tonight. I didn’t swipe out until 11. As I said, I love my people, I just hate the bull shit that’s going on with management.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.