Saturday in the Midwest 2~15~14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Saturday in the Midwest 2~15~14

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Sandy K. Sandy K. 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

OMGosh what is with this board ? It has taken me 20 minutes to get here from another board and now typing it stalling on me.

Take care & God Bless

I’ll be back when it doesn’t take this long to post .

Going to watch the bunnys in the mood light .

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5070220 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

Good morning!!  I finally have a minute to stop in.  It’s been 12 and 13 hour days straight from Monday on, but we are on the last day now.  This is catch-up day for those who forgot, or a delivery was missed.  Also, we have a lot of funeral work today.  I’m tired, but made it through another holiday.  Easter and Mother’s Day coming up now.  We are going to be warm for the next week, the Weather Channel shows.  Mostly in the 40′s and 50′s.

Have a great day.

#5070293 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Hi All, gotta work today. I’m gonna take DH out for breakfast this morning for his 68th birthday We are supposed to Skype with DS before I go to work this afternoon. I sure hope I have someone decent to work with the next two days. Denise told me, as of Thur. night, she didn’t have anyone yet. Oh yeah, more of this crap. I told her I stayed late the other night to fill in. I’ll get call-in pay for that, plus it’s 75 cents extra to work that shift.

I’ll be back later.

Happy Birthday Grandpa picture:

#5070308 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Morning,   Its a cold 6* going to a high of 19* but the sun is shinning and that makes for a better day.  I did finally figure out what else I did Thursday, I cleaned the refrigator  from top to bottom.  I was surprised it wasn’t all that bad, just the one shelf that holds the milk.  Yesterday I went thru all old taxes papers, found out, I have some from 1994.  All are neatly put away, just need now to clean out the 13 file.  I think that is one thing I will do today.  I also work on my pictures.  About 4 oclock last night I was talking with Michelle, and looked up, sunporch is leaking, we have had so much trouble with the roof, after going out and looking, must be about 1 foot on ice in that corner.  Jerry and Ray chopped ice for about 1-1/2 hour, today we are going to go and get some ice melt.  I guess we need to put heat tape along that side also.  It happened where the 2 roofs come together.    The ceiling isn’t real bad, but needs to get fixed.  The snow where Justin pulled off the roof, the guys walked on  and could reach the ice, but got a ladder so they could see what they were doing.

Leroy,  Wow that’s a lot of hours to work, don’t know if I could do that.  I bet its fun work, right?

Mary,  I did see your valentine, but I couldn’t open it, thank you.  Good luck working tonight, maybe just maybe you will get some help.  Fun fun to Skype to see baby.

Sandy, sleep tight.

Well Gage is still sleeping he has been asleep since 8:45, he must be real tired.  We didn’t play the wii last night, as I had messy dishes to do and wanted to get them done.  He was watching TV when I went down to play, next time I went down he was sleeping.  Maybe today.

Have a great day, Carol

#5070333 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning everyone,  We have a sunny -5* this morning.  They say it will warm up and snow about 6″ this afternoon.  I should get out and shovel the door to my shop open but I’m not sure how warm it will be, I think 9*.  If that is all it will have to wait.  I’m glad you mentioned the roof Carol.  I need to get up and clear off the same old spot on my roof before the ice damns takes over and I have leaks.  Lots of things to do but will have to see what good intentions are victorious.  Yesterday I finished the heat pipe in the basement.  I double wrapped it and cleaned up the floor under it.  Now I just have the rest of the basement to pick up.  I’m hoping I can get Tim to haul out a bunch of stuff off the shelves that go to Goodwill.  

I have good news about selling the house.  Last night Tim came home from work early and we talked about it.  Tim is finally coming around and wants to sell also.  He said he will do all he can to help me.  His biggest fear is where we will move to after this.  I tried to set his mind a ease that we will find a nice place that doesn’t need a lot of work. I hear him in the kitchen so I should go and see what he wants to do today and see if I can steer him in the right direction.  You all have a good day.  Lair 

#5070365 Report Abuse
    Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Good Morning all

Good luck Lair in steering the ‘wheel/Tim’  I know how that goes in trying to get something done with Allen many times.

We tried going to Texas Roadhouse last night for Valentines Days & at 5pm there was a 90 minute wait.  We didn’t feel like standing around for that long & went north to Sherrill, IA to the Barn.  So rather than steak we had fish.  Also has a good visit with Allen’s sister’s brother-in-law.  Sorry to say that visiting with Bill & Joyce is a lot more pleasant that Allen’s sister & husband.  Kind of made plans to get together with them & Allen’s other sister to go there for the Barn’s seafood buffet during Lent.

Not all sure what is in store for today–I should get my buns to the grocery store –last week was kind of a short trip.

Gee–yesterday was busy at work for a change.  The strange part was that most of it came in after lunch.  Thursday, I got a purchase order for parts from Scotland & the one part was requested as 20 pieces.  NEVER in the 6+years that we have been working with this company have they used/needed 20 of this part.  Plus it costs close to $4,000.  After contacting the person that issued the order & being told ‘yes that is the correct number’ Norm contacted one of the head ‘honchos’ about it & it is being checked out.  So for right now the order is on hold.

Not much else new & exciting in his territory–our nice sun that was out a couple hours ago is now overcast.  So I get I should get my going shopping clothes on & go get the groceries.  So chat at ya later

Jan

#5070369 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Lair, glad to hear Tim is finally on board about the move. Do you think maybe his health condition was why he was balking? I’m glad things have turned around for him also. Maybe you two need to sit down and discuss what you BOTH want to have in this next house. You both know what you have right now and what’s not working or doesn’t suit you the best and make sure there are improvements involved in those situation. Think about the future WHAT IFs. Future handicap accessibility needs is what we were thinking when put the addition on this house. We have small seats in the shower stall, and doors wide enough to get wheelchairs through. The floor is laminate, so that’s easy to clean and navigate on.

I filled the feeders and put out extra BOSS as there is snow coming. It’s already down where DD lives. I should have had my camera on this morning and video taped the squirrel trying to climb the shepherd’s hook. It tried it 6 times, and some were pretty funny; do you see me sitting her snickering?!?!?!?!?! He even walked down a smooth pencil lead thickness wire to get to the feeder yesterday. BRAT!! I scared him off when he got to the feeder. PLOP!!! Aren’t I mean? LOL

I took DH out for breakfast and Sandy really went all out for DH. She made a chocolate mug cake with red frosting on top and a candle. She put on her clown glasses and her clown costume apron and came out with the horn. DH wasn’t paying attention because he was on his phone. She really caught him off guard. I did see a little pink in his face when everyone in the place sang him Happy Birthday! It’s her birthday also, so I tipped the birthday girl/clown along with the waitress. She said she was making her DH take her to red lobster. It was a great breakfast. I went all out with the Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. These are strawberries slices that are frozen, but they taste like you just mashed them and put sugar on them, soooooooooooo good!

We are waiting for DS to call/skype.

#5070413 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Good morning all just got on here wouldn’t let me either Sandy I though maybe the board was trying to tell me something.  It would just sit and spin left it spin for 20 minutes at one time, don’t know what was up with that.   Hopefully it is not a sign of what this new board might do again.  Well Dh wants to go cut wood so we are going on our way will come back later and read the rest of the posts and post something tonight.  I was hoping to get my praying mantis pictures up they are really cool.   I glad how they turned out and they are really cute and growing fast now.   Well Dh is tapping his foot so off I go will catch you all later.

Have a great day everyone.   May God Bless You All

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5070954 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Evening folks . Slept most of the day away so I must have needed it or it could be these blasted sniffles that started yesterday . I think I’m coming down with another head cold dang it ! DD is sick too. So I’m sure she was kind enough to pass it on . A bit on the cranky side today and been hiding out in my room . Got caught up on my plant journal and the B&B journal where I keep names, address ,and B-dates . Could everyone post their Birthday for me so I can add you in ? You don’t have to add the year lol. You can email it if you don’t want it public . Mine is Feb 22 nd and even though I am going to be 56 I find my mind doesn’t store the info like most people do so I have to write everything down lol. 

I got to see 4 bunnies in the moon light last night , tossed out veggie scraps yesterday and they were very thankful to get it lol. This board seems to running faster until you want to open a post and then to post one take for every too. 

Leroy ~ We sure missed seeing your posts  . You must be exhausted from all those hours . I hope your weather warms up for you .

Mary B.~how did your Breakfast go ? Nice to have help at work . Sweet picture of Brylie .Read your second post lol  sound like hubby had a great birthday surprise lol. 

Carol ~ don’t you just hate it when you go blank on what you have done ? I really need to follow your lead and clean up some old paper work . Dang leaks , seems the ice is causing havoc for a lot of us . I am getting more drips in my bedroom and I see we are going to have to replace part of  the ceiling in the diningroom . With the temps being so cold the ice melt hasn’t helped us ,heat tape might be a good idea next spring .I hope you don’t get major problems from it and those guys are careful on that roof . OH poor Gage must have been plum tuckered out waiting for Grandma :-)  Hope you two have a great play date . 

Lair ~ wonderful that Tim is accepting the change and willing to help out . Lets hope he is true to his word . I think you need to get someone to do that roof for you ! 

I have a big box I keep on the back porch ,when I find something I know goes to the thrift store I put it in . Its almost full and I will have Chris load it in the truck and take it in . I found it is easier for me to down size that way .Come spring Chris has offered to come help me clean 33 years worth of stuff out of my garage / storage unit lol. I’ll have to do that with my eyes closed because its mostly Mom’s ,sisters ,and Brothers stuff . I’m sure you two will find something more suitable to you and be more manageable . 

Jan ~ sound like all turned out well for your Valentines dinner and what a plus to be able to visit with sis & BiL. Hope you had a good day shopping .

Snow ~ can’t wait to see those pictures . Yes the boards been real slow (last night ) today its faster to get on till you try to post lol. Bugger me ! We just got another two cord and will get two more tomorrow . Chris has been using some to burn in DD’s fireplace so he has replaced it two fold ! Told David this summer we are stocking up ! No more getting caught with our back sides in the wind ! You two be careful doing that wood and don’t tucker yourself out .

lets see how long this takes to load lol.

Take care and God Bless 

Sandy K.

#5070956 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

OMGosh like Lair said someone feed it some Wheaties lol. Less then a second ,so maybe they fixed it again lol. 

sandy K.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.