Sample Post: Made by You Spring 2014 – Jill Staake

Home Forums Gardening Look What I Made Sample Post: Made by You Spring 2014 – Jill Staake

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Ga Girls Flowers Ga Girls Flowers 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

This is a sample post for the “Inspired by Birds & Blooms… Made by You!” Spring 2014 contest. Use this post as a model for your own contest entry. Need help posting photos? Click here.

I was inspired by the Tomato Cage DIY Bird Feeder project (http://www.birdsandblooms.com/backyard-projects/recycled-garden-ideas/tomato-cage-diy-bird-feeder/), but I decided to turn it into a bird bath instead. I mounted the tomato cage into one of my already-planted barrel planters, and added a divided dish on top. I also added a margarita glass that I embellished with floral rub-on decals. The best part? I bought all my supplies at the dollar store, so this whole bird bath cost me less than $5!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Jill Staake Jill Staake.
    #5139586 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Hi Jill! I really like this!

#5139609 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Thanks, Wendy! Why not try one of your own and enter the contest? I’d love to see what you come up with!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5140228 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Wasn’t I who said I’m not that interested in making anything.  Geeeee…..Jill you just inspired me.  Guess who is going to the Dollar Store….LOL.  I need another bird bath in my backyard.  Sure I have a pond, and birds drink and take their showers there.  Somehow around end of July, they are not interested in drinking from the pond.  Wonder why.  So now I will accommodate my feathered friends….!  I have a fountain for the birds in the front of the property though.   Will post pictures when the final product is finished.

Very pretty Jill!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5140405 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

That is very pretty Jill,  think I might try one too….Have a great weekend.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.