Rufous Hummingbird (And Lifer for Me!)

Home Forums Birding Hummingbirds Rufous Hummingbird (And Lifer for Me!)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Stelios Stelios 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Elayna.Z
    Elayna.Z
    Participant

Found this Rufous Hummingbird at the Fern Ridge Wildlife Area in Eugene, Oregon and snapped these photos. First time I’ve seen a Rufous before … we get a lot of Anna’s at our feeder in our yard.

#5111202 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Well, isn’t he just gorgeous! I’ve never seen one of these, and I would love to. Here in Central FL, we only get ruby-throated hummers, and then only occasionally. We do see them in the spring and fall when they pass through on migration, but only a few hang around through our summer heat and humidity.

Thanks so much for sharing – what a great sighting!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5111207 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Oh my…. how beautiful….and what a great one to add to your life list….. Love the photos… thank you for sharing that with us…

If you would could you put in on the daily picture post?  It is in BYC…  everyone would love to see this….

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5111311 Report Abuse
    Elayna.Z
    Elayna.Z
    Participant

Thanks Jill! And thanks CatsBirds! I will certainly add this to the daily picture post. It’s lovely to share photos with other interested birders!

#5111313 Report Abuse
    Elayna.Z
    Elayna.Z
    Participant

You know I’m actually not sure where the daily picture post is! Can you help me find it?

#5111335 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Hi, Welcome to B&B, I love your photos of the Rufous Hummingbird; that is one beautiful bird.  I have Anna’s all the time in my yard.  In August of 2011 a half dozen Rufous Hummers visited my yard for about a week. I loved seeing them and would love for them to visit again.

I see  you are looking for Sharon’s picture post; She post a new post each day. here is a link to the one for today:

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/community/topic/welcome-to-picture-post-sunday-march-9th-2014/

#5111590 Report Abuse

txhummers
    Participant

Very nice photos of a very nice bird!

#5114564 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Beautiful!  Great pics!

#5115159 Report Abuse

MeowMix56
    Participant

What a little beauty! And what great photos, too.

You may see more of them – they are migrating thru right now.  Mine show up about the end of Feb and stay thru the end of April.  Love them – like little living embers.

#5115639 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

Wow! Those a pretty good pictures!

www.birdsofohio.webnode.com

#5121441 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

What a pretty bird!  Love your photos.  Thanks for sharing!

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.