Recycle Chain Link Fence

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Recycle Chain Link Fence

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gabbygirt_oh
    Participant

After 37 years of chain link fencing I’m having a wood privacy fence put up.
    I kept the gate and used it for clematis vine.
    We were going to scrap the fencing until Sis#5 ask if she could have it for Mom’s dogs. Now why didn’t I think of that???…..Of course I said yes, but she will have to buy the post since we will be cutting them off at the ground. They are set in concert and I’m not having hubby digging them out and it cost to much to have the fencing co. do it.
    We get the fence done in a couple of weeks and this fall re-seed part of the yard and I should be done working on the yard. Yea right, LOL

#5273083 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Sounds like it looks nice!

#5273097 Report Abuse

barkey
    Participant

Try this, take a spade and dig a small hole about 5 or 6 inches deep beside the concrete and fill it with water.Wiggle the post for about a minute, post should lift right out. If not punt.

#5273117 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I like the privacy fences and they have nice designs, too, nowadays.  I like the plastic like ones that never need painting, but they are really expensive.  A man kitty corner from me has tall privacy wood fence around his pool.  It was there when he bought the home last year and the original owner put it up when they put their pool in.  It is painted a dark brown, but looks nice.  I still have chain link fencing around the area where our in ground pool was and have flower beds on each end inside landscape ties and grass in between.  The fence separates that area from the patio and sun room and I like it that way rather than all open.

It will be nice when it is all done and you will enjoy, no doubt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.