Re-introducing myself. ;)

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Re-introducing myself. ;)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  albertagran 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    willowladyintx
    willowladyintx
    Participant

I first posted here in Nov. of 2001 after lurking for several months. I was a regular and prolific poster for many years before I dropped off for the most part as my husband had Alzheimer’s. So…with so many new folks who are now the regular posters..I just thought it would be polite to say hello and re-introduce myself as I will be here more often now. :)

My name is Cindy,I’m 61yo, and I was born/raised on the Texas gulf coast,but now living in San Antonio. I was widowed in 2012 after 20 years of marriage to my bestest friend. Between us we have 8 children aged 69 to 34, 8 grands aged 31 to 13, and now 1 great granddaughter aged 1.  I collect willow ware, in all it’s myriad forms and colors, dragons,bird ‘stuff’, and friends,not necessarily in that order. I love reading,photography,feeding my backyard piggies,aka birds and squirrels, and cooking. To my long time friends here, thanks for not giving up on me, and to those with whom I hope to become friends…Greetings!

photo 15-vi.gif
    I cannot change the direction of the wind,but i can adjust my sail to always reach my destination

#4796903 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Well hello Cindy!! good to see you back, I think I remember you ;)

(She’s been a good friend for many years although I have never met her)

I love this new  forum it’s bringing  many old friends back,

#4796907 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome again Cindy.. I met you in our picture post… I have been here since late in 07… glad to have you back…and can’t wait for more photos… Please join us as I do a new daily picture post..

Welcome from Northeastern Indiana…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#4796912 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Welcome back Cindy.  I remember you.

photo signature_1.gif

#4796922 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Hello Cindy from northern Michigan  …

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#4796939 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Welcome back !

#4796951 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Hi, Cindy…I remember you, too!

#4797078 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Welcome back!  Sorry about your dh’s passing on recently!  can you explain to me what willow ware is?  Do you have pics?

#4797155 Report Abuse
    willowladyintx
    willowladyintx
    Participant

‘can you explain to me what willow ware is?  Do you have pics?’

Do I have pics,LOL!  This is a link to the album with most of my collection…not all,but most.  ;)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/willowlady/slideshow/BLUE%20WILLOW%20ETC

photo 15-vi.gif
    I cannot change the direction of the wind,but i can adjust my sail to always reach my destination

#4797163 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Hello, Cindy.  Good to see you back.

Community Team Member

#4797591 Report Abuse
    BirdyJ_SoCal
    BirdyJ_SoCal
    Participant

Hi Cindy!  Glad you are back!

photo limpbirdsmallanim_zps04639831.gif

#4797603 Report Abuse
    oldgirl06
    oldgirl06
    Participant

I remember you!   Missed you when you quit posting!   I’m glad you are back!

That is quite a collection of willow ware!   How in the world do you keep the pieces dusted that aren’t in cupboards?   Very pretty!

Now—are you the lady who participated in Renaissance Festivals and made her own costumes?   I remember seeing pics of someone who did that.  Maybe it was a different lady from Texas.   If it was you, do you still do it?

Be sure to join us in the daily Picture Post!

twocats2004@gmail.com

Find more about Weather in Rochester, MN

#4797773 Report Abuse

gabbygirt_oh
    Participant

Welcome Back

#4799232 Report Abuse
    willowladyintx
    willowladyintx
    Participant

oldgirl, the Texas lady you’re remembering is Starshine. She lives over close to Galveston and did the costumes. This year she was injured and didn’t get to participate in RenFaire for the first time in years. She’s a very talented seamstress.

photo 15-vi.gif

#4799264 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I do remember you, Cindy.  I started in 2003 here as Mamapet.  Then had to change board name when new computer and it wouldn’t accept old name any longer.  Hope you are doing okay now.  I remember when you DH was ill, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.