Rare bird alert!!!

Home Forums Birding What is this bird? Rare bird alert!!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Stelios Stelios 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Magnolia15
    Magnolia15
    Participant

It sure seems as though I’ve captured a Cassin’s Vireo at the Celery Bog in West Lafayette, IN. If so, he’s a long way from home. What are your thoughts on this?

-birdsofthebog.com

#5137734 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

I actually have no clue and don’t want to even guess but it is an Awesome shot!  I can’t wait to see the responses.

What lens are you using???

#5137738 Report Abuse
    Magnolia15
    Magnolia15
    Participant

Thanks Dena, I’m using the Canon 100-400.

-birdsofthebog.com

#5137744 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

I am waiting for Tamron to come out with their new 200-600mm with IS. So, I am going to have the Camera shop put my 200-500mm on consignment and purchase the new one when it comes out.  Of course, they are coming out with the Nikkon first and Canon second.  Looks like I’ll have to wait.

#5137749 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hey beautiful shot..but I think its a blue-headed Vireo…. slightly off track but they have been south of Indiana into Kentucky…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5137758 Report Abuse
    Magnolia15
    Magnolia15
    Participant

Ahah! I think you are correct Sharon, thanks. Dena, that lens looks promising, it’s taking forever to arrive though!

-birdsofthebog.com

#5137794 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

That is a beautiful picture.  I better start looking at my goldfinches properly from now on.  If it wasn’t for this bird’s beak, I would think it was a goldfinch waiting for the bright colors to show.

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.