PLEASE PLEASE

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat PLEASE PLEASE

This topic contains 24 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by wilderness_NY_Z4 wilderness_NY_Z4 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

take my credit cards away from me.  I just ordered a summer greenhouse.  I was going to but the old pop up up today but remembered not only doesn’t have a door which is no big deal but one end in the ridge ripped out when I took it down last fall.  No way it is usable.  The new one will be here Friday.  Can’t wait.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5266381 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

I’ll be right there to get them!! LOL

Hey you’re working for it!!

photo signature_1.gif

#5266388 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Yes, you are a working for a pay check woman now & deserve it!  Wish they sold those on qvc!  I would order one in a heart beat from them!  You deserve it!

#5266403 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Bette….you only live once…so make the best of it….make yourself happy.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5266404 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Now you know it won’t do any good to take a way the cards because I’m sure you still have a check book and cash lol . Enjoy your Green House  . I hope to see some pictures when it comes in and is set up .

Sandy K

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5266406 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

You are too encouraging.  The paycheck is suppose to pay for the heating fuel this winter and the taxes.  Now I have done even worse.  I just ordered a hose to attach to the kitchen sink.  I should be shot.  There goes a whole weeks paycheck.  Not good.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5266411 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Sounds like a necessity of/for the heart, mind & spirit. Those are often the hardest to remove from the list.

#5266412 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

BTDT.  I understand completely.  This is why I have spent the last week crunching numbers & working on a long term budget.  The plan is to  not use the credit cards except for emergencies (car repairs, Dr. bills, things like that) and any extra money goes toward paying off existing bills.  How long do you think that will last?  LOL

I’m already thinking, well maybe I could use the credit card now & then providing I pay off whatever amt I used when the bill comes in.  Uh-huh..

And I also get the attitude that heck I’m 68; worked all my life & still working PT so if I want something I should be able to get it.

Let’s see the GH when you get it.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5266416 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Well you only live once!  You don’t even want to know what I’m spending on my kitchen!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5266419 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

You only go this way once, so have what you want.  You can’t take it with you and if you don’t spend it, someone else will.  So enjoy life as best you can, and don’t worry about it.  You will manage to get it paid for and you will enjoy it in the meantime!  Good for you, Betty doing for yourself.  You are deserving of it.

Gayle, live it up; if you enjoy something have it for yourself.  It will get paid for eventually and you will have use of it in the meantime.  You won’t get a second chance to spend it so do it now!

#5266428 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

I’ll help you with your CC when we do stop using ours…DH went crazy buying airplane Tkts….making me so  nervous

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5266599 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I am the wrong person to tell you to stop. I have had so many unexpected expenses lately that I will have to put my share of the house in Nags Head on my credit card. But then, that is why I have one.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5266615 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Bette,  Just go ahead and enjoy, you work and that’s what the paycheck is for, spending.  Have fun with it.  I have worked most of my life also, and looking at another job, whats wrong with me.  I like the extra cash.

Carol

#5266621 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Since my pop up is in shreds now I need to buy a new gh also before seedling time.

Enjoy yours.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5266626 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Sometimes you just have to splurge a little, Bette.  You work awfully hard not to spend a little of your hard earned money on something you will enjoy so much.  Additionally, I can certainly make an argument that you can (and should) factor in the cost of the greenhouse in what you are saving by growing and storing your veggies long term.  It is a cost of living thing.  1) for the food you will eat 2) the pleasure you will get out it with your flowers.  I think you did just fine!    Please allow yourself to enjoy it.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.