Plant IDs needed

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Plant IDs needed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

I have seen these before but don’t know the names of them so I can’t find out what kind of light and care they need so any help will be appreciated.

The green one on this pic

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5145178 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Kathy

Hi girl how are you doing I hope all is well now and things are looking up for you , you are in my prayers at night.

The first one is a schefflera and they will handle anythingfrom low to med light the more light they have the less likely they get floppy.

The second is a dreacena  marginata and take higher light to keep the color margin around the edge.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by snowwolf57 snowwolf57.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by snowwolf57 snowwolf57.
    #5145196 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I think the green plant in the top pic is some sirt of laurel.  May or may not flower if planted outside in the ground or large po t.  Cant help w/ any of the others!  I am sure the yellow flowers would do ok in partial shade!

#5145202 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

I agree with snow,  I have both of these plants.  Love the sun.

#5145229 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

I agree with Snowwolf also

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5145231 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

<i>Hey Snow, that was great 2 out of 2</i>

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5145260 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Thank you Snow!!!!

Things can only get better here now so I am looking forward to better days ahead. Thank you for asking.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5145291 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I had a schefflera and it can get very tall.  Mine started out in a tiny pot that was a gift from some guy that came here and wanted us to try out a Scooter!  He must’ve thought we looked old or in need!  (I was still working at the time) Ha, ha!  The one I had grew big and I had to stake it and tie it up and it was in living room and got a fair amount of light as I have a large window in front and a medium one on side of living room.  Very easy care and just watered once a week.  Nice and green and healthy looking kind of plant.  I liked it but tired of it, too, so gave it to the girl that helps with the lawn sometimes as she has many plants and likes them.  I also gave her a large Croton I had and it had blossomed a couple of years, too, so that was neat.  My living room is not very big and ceilings are only 7 ft. tall.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.