Pictures of my outdoor room I have been working on

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Pictures of my outdoor room I have been working on

This topic contains 16 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Stelios Stelios 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

I started this project with taking pallets apart and using the board to make walls by my entrance door ,the purpose is every winter I have ice build up by the door .I am hoping to put a roof over this part of the arbor to keep snow & ice out . Since i started this project I have discovers that it is turning into a great place to sit in the shade during hot days so I got a two for one out of this deal .

garden fountain

outdoor room

I need to finish putting up one more wall and the roof and I will then be able to enjoy this area in all seasons :-)

SandyK.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5267629 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Sandy what a beautiful, peaceful room! I know you will enjoy that all year round. Great job!

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5267633 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Looks good!

Sandy M.

#5267653 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

That looks like a great place to sit and relax.  I hope it serves its purpose with the ice and snow as well as a new resting area….looks like a lot of work.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5267657 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Very pretty.

photo signature_1.gif

#5267659 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Good job!  A place in the shade on a hot day and protected from snow and ice in winter.  Will be worth it when finished.  So a year-round retreat for you.

#5267668 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

What a nice place to sit and enjoy. I like all the things hanging on the walls.

Carol

#5267706 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Looks great Sandy, now you have a room you will have to sit and relax a little.  Lair

#5267708 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Sandy, the “sit and relax” should have been bolder.  hint -hint

#5267724 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Sandy, it looks great.  What a lot of work however.  Enjoy it every minute you can.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5267753 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Thank you all

Molly I had fun working on it and I go out there every morning and enjoy the smells of the gardens .

Thank you Sandy M

Charlene It really wasn’t a lot of work most of the pallets were easy to get a part with a saw all. and all I did was screw them to cross boards with three screws . I’m hoping it keeps most of the snow & ice out even thou it won’t be a water proof roof .

Thank you Judy

Posy I am so hoping it works out that way lol.

Carol thankyou I have had those thngs in storage for years I just never had a nice wall to hang them on lol .

Lair sit and relax I will be doing no hint hints needed lol. So when are you gong to take some time off to sit on your porch and enjoy your hard work (hint hint teehee) .

Bette it’s been enjoyable work ,I love to build things . I’m thinking I might need to build a bench to go on one of those walls too lol.

take care & God Bless you all my friends

Sandy K

I do have to say since getting out of the hospital life looks so much more beautiful to me . Enjoy what you have in life and take the time to really look .

#5267766 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Looks good Sandy. A little bit of privacy & peacefulness. And a sk~oh~shh Zen like with the water fountain display.

#5267798 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Thank you MD ,I saw someone on here that used their bird bath for flowers and figured I don’t use the fountain because the dog drinks all the water out of it so I planted plants.Now at least I am getting some use out of it .

Sandy K

#5267830 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

That looks really good.  Are you going to post it on “Look What I Made”?

I see where you mentioned being sick on a couple of posts.  I missed that.  Nothing serious I hope.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5267870 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

It looks very inviting. A nice spot to read a book and enjoy the fountain. Nice job.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.