Patriotic Pictures for the 4th of July

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Patriotic Pictures for the 4th of July

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

This was taken on the street in Senoia, Ga . this week.

In store front window..

This was taken from TV show….

In my front yard

I planted this pot of flowers with the intention of having a red , white and blue container for the 4th of July…..The top was planted with a dark blue flower that I thought was going to grow and hang down the sides some but it has just sat there and not done anything…it is not dead but no flowers on it….so at the dollar store the other day I purchased the only blue silk flowers they had and this is where I put them….Next year I am going with all petunias…..red, wht and blue…

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday….God Bless you and America !

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5259986 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Love those!  Especially the strawberry pot done that way!

#5259999 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

What a fabulous idea, Janet!  I love the strawberry pot done in red, white, and blue.  If I can remember it for next year, I am going to give it a try myself.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5260041 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

In Womens World Magazine this month…last weeks I think.

This is on my dinning room table….I am allergic to candle scents , so I purchased some artificial candles that have a switch on the bottom to turn on and I light those at night when I want to burn A candle ….does very good….that is the white part, the red candle is a regular candle….Red, white and Blue flat sided marbles in goblet glass and I picked  up that rug I guess it is at the thrift store a couple of years ago.

I started this post so everyone could post to it their pictures of Red, white and Blue…..come on now…I want to see what you all have too.

Janet...z7.

#5260045 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

That container that I tried for RED <WHT And BLUE is not your regular strawberry pot….I purchased a very large plastic pot from the dollar store for $8 and had DH to cut holes all around it like one I had seen at a gardening center …Begonia’s have done well in it and even overwintered the first year sitting out in the open yard….I have a PVC pipe in center with holes all the way down that and I pour water in that several times when I am watering to help get water to the side plants….I think he used one of the cutters like you use to make the hole for a door lock to make the side holes with..

Janet...z7.

#5260061 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

That’s a neat idea, Janet, on the strawberry pot, whether in red, white and blue or not.  I like the idea of the pipe in the center for watering, too.  Otherwise, those holes are hard to water.

Leroy

#5260225 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I can contribute a couple….these were done for Memorial Day, but the same theme.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5260229 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Very nice Charlene,,,,,nothing like the ole Red ,Wht and Blue is there…..

Janet...z7.

#5260256 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

I’m enjoying the pics, just have nothing to show.  No patriotic plant combos or decorations.  I thought I’d have something tomorrow, but I forgot the camera.  I do have to run home to get my dds swimsuit!  Grr!  Thankfully we are just at our friends “camping” only 20 min from home.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5260580 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

bump

Janet...z7.

#5260600 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Janet, like the more recently posted ones, too!  Especially like the wreath!  Charlene, love yours, too!

#5260650 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Very nice. I missed out on a three color butterfly bush last year. The bush had a separate bloom of each color on it. Red,white,and blue.  The ole he who hesitates ……..shopping trip.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5260689 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

This is actually from last year.  I planned the same thing this year but my white Dianthus turned out to be purple.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.