Paper plates????

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Paper plates????

This topic contains 63 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Do you use them? Any kind?  from regular white paper plates to Dixie plates?  LOLOL

We use them a lot. We have an old set of the paper plate holders , not the wicker ones, but ones that look like woven baskets.  I like them, they wash up so quick.

What got me asking is my girlfriend said they won’t have them in their house. I asked her why, she said her hubby won’t eat on them. Well aren’t we just special.  lolol  I mean I love my good plates, and for big meals, they are wonderful, but for pizza, or a sandwich and chips, paper is good enough..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270091 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

omgosh yes!  We use them a lot.  DH and I use them for sandwiches, snacks, chips, toast, etc.  We use them all the time and have them in the house always.  I get mine at Aldi, but I don’t have holders.  We do use regular plates for dinner though–LOL.

#5270092 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Oh yes! I use the plain ole white ones all the time. I use plates for supper if the meal is not dry. Bowls are used for salad or cereal.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5270093 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I use them but I can’t say a lot.  It is just me so one plate a day is no big deal.  I did use them a lot when then GKs were here.

I like the Styrofoam ones or the reinforced paper ones.

I have the holders too.  Both the straw ones & the plastic ones that look woven & are washable.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Gayle Gayle.
    #5270103 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Yes I use them occasionally, Don’t like a hot cooked meal on them but for snacks or cold food they are great, I like the chinet brand.

#5270112 Report Abuse
    oldgirl06
    oldgirl06
    Participant

We use them every day! They have a coating on them so grease doesn’t soak right through. We get them at Walmart and they work great. Also have the plastic holders. For things like spaghetti or steak, we use regular plates, but paper ones are good enough for most of our meals.

We drink milk with our meals and we use red glasses from Sam’s! DH doesn’t like to dry glasses, so the plastic glasses are good enough for us.

twocats2004@gmail.com

Find more about Weather in Rochester, MN

#5270113 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I like the Chinet, too.  I have a stack of some in the cupboard now but don’t know what kind…heavy or flimsy they have been there a long time.  We rarely use paper plates and don’t have picnics anymore to use them either.  I have some kind of holders for them when I use them.

So never use them anymore, use the regular dishes for all our meals.  Just never even think of them down in the bottom of diningroom cupboards.

#5270121 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Heck Posy, get them out and use them… great for just sandwiches, and toast, and muffins and chips…. use them up..lol

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270126 Report Abuse

xstitchlady_NS
    Participant

I have some but never think to use them for every day use. Have a dishwasher so doing dishes is no problem at all. lol

> photo ce743b80-b36a-4516-9ecc-8396880e5290_zps6e18ec3d.gif

#5270133 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

yup sure do for snacks ect and also to cut up some veggies on ..I buy UN-branded but coated ones…not for a dinner meal …and with no liner under them..then they are put in the bag for the boiler so we also heat with them along with all the junk mail…LOL

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5270135 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Yep, yep, yep, we, too, use paper plates !!!  They are kept right above the microwave and DH uses them nearly everyday for his lunch .  As already mentioned, they are great for sandwiches, chips, etc. but we eat on Corelle wear for the evening meals .

We seldom use them for company (paper) unless it s a picnic or cook-out style meal tho’ ….

Marilyn

#5270158 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Oh hecka ya I use them .With just me here I hardly cook so a quicky meal is just as good on paper . And I hate doing dishes so it cuts down on those too.

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5270208 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

Yes we do.   Lately I have bought special holiday ones and use them for Christmas or Easter etc… Just makes cleanup so much easier and faster..

#5270220 Report Abuse

Iambanned
    Participant

I am really surprised to see so many using paper plates and plastic cups and utensils on a daily basis.
    They are sure not environmentally friendly and take up a huge amount of resources, make a lot of waste in processing, and fill the landfills up with garbage.
    Plastic is an oil product that never decomposes, and while paper does, it takes many years in a landfill.

http://papercutz.planetark.org/paper/impact.cfm

Except for places where water is rationed, or large events where dishes would be too hard to deal with I really feel that reusable glass dinnerware should be our choice for the good of generations to come. JMO

#5270258 Report Abuse

trudy1180
    Participant

Yes everyday for every meal. Just DH and myself. Hate doing dishes. If and when we have company I use regular dishes. I use the Dixie brand. They are thick and have a coating, do not take up any grease or liquid and is sturdy so when I carry them to the table they are firm. Hate the cheap flimsy ones where you have to use two or three to keep food from leaking through or bend when you carry them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.