Pansy Seeds

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Pansy Seeds

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hopscotch 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FlowerSea
    FlowerSea
    Participant

Hi everyone, nice to talk again! :)

I had a quick question today; I noticed that my pansies are developing seeds after the flower is finished, and am curious what the best way is to care for these. Should I roll them out of the dead flower into a bag and save them? Should I just pick off the dead part of the flower with the seeds and save that. How and when should I plant them?

Sorry for all of the questions! Thank you so much for any help you may be able to give me. :)

#5150022 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I replied to this last night….but even though my name is here….my reply is not.  I said that I have never saved seed from pansies, but I assume it is like other seeds and will be more viable if you are able to leave it on the plant as long as possible.  If you google how to save and grow pansy seeds, there is a lot of info that shows up.  Good luck!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5152268 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

I kept viola seeds last fall.  I just let them dry on the plant and then picked them before they fell off.  Took them out of the pods, let them dry for awhile (few hours), put them in an envelope, and I had really good success germinating them this last winter under the lights.  I don’t think the plants are going to make it till fall this year.  I have them in the same place, but they’re not looking as perky as they did last year.  Mine are in the shade.  I may move them into more sun and see how they do.

Leroy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.