Ok, I'm going to post something of interest, I hope! It's interesting to me

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Ok, I'm going to post something of interest, I hope! It's interesting to me

This topic contains 29 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  calgal_NV 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

calgal_NV
    Participant

I signed up for an art exploration class that meets at one of the art museums here. It’s in an old mansion downtown that was built by one of the first prominent citizens of Reno in the 1870′s. I’ve seen the mansion before, but I’ve never been in it. It’s starts 09/18 and goes to 10/23, a six week course that meets on Thursday nights. I’m so excited! Been wanting to learn how to paint and draw and this class is an intro to a lot of different mediums of art.

#5280151 Report Abuse
    shortbreadlover
    shortbreadlover
    Participant

how wonderful! i think it is great that you are taking a class. i wish i could draw. i like to watch the guy on pbs when he teaches some art. usually oil. i marvel at his talent and how easy he makes it look. he also try to make it easy for student .

i say good for you that you are doing this. we all need to try something new.

#5280153 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

Sounds great.  Perfect time of year to start a class..  I took a painting class one time. It was a technique taught by a lady on tv.  Can’t remember her name.  It was fun but I am just a paint by number type of painter..good luck

#5280154 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I think that would be great… I can’t draw a circle…. lolol…. I hope you enjoy it..

My art is in my photos… and I work on them daily….

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by CatsBirds CatsBirds.
    #5280163 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Shirley – don’t try to do circles – ovals are more pleasing to the eye.

Calgal – gladd for you – that should be fun. Will watch for updates. Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5280175 Report Abuse

calgal_NV
    Participant

If  I draw or paint something interesting, I will share. :) I really am excited about it. :)

#5280196 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

If you are into art that sounds great.  Enjoy & keep us updated on h0ow it’s going.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5280198 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

That does sound exciting and what a cool place to have the classes in.  I’ll bet it’s beautiful.  We have an art museum 2 miles from my house and I have been in it exactly one time-  how sad is that.  And downtown Pittsburgh’s museums I can’t even remember when I have been there last.

#5280217 Report Abuse
    oldgirl06
    oldgirl06
    Participant

That sounds like fun!   And so interesting to learn about the different mediums.  I wonder which one will appeal to you the most!   Please keep us informed when you go to each lesson.

My DD is very good at drawing.  She took art in high school and some water color classes years ago.  But she said she really has to be in the mood to draw.  I don’t think she has done anything with it in recent years.  Too many other things going on in her life, I guess.

And yes–do show us some of the things that you produce!

Find more about Weather in Rochester, MN

#5280226 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

I hope you enjoy the class sounds like you are very excited …I would love to tour the mansion ..

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5280248 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Cal, that does sound like a great new adventure for you.  We will be waiting for updates from you.

photo signature_1.gif

#5280293 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Glad you are doing that for yourself!  Go for it!

#5280299 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea to try.  I bet you will enjoy it and something different for you to do and learn.  It is great for people who want to try something of new learning and a challenge, too.  Good luck with it.

#5280301 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Enjoy it !

I would love to tour the old mansion .

#5280318 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Taking lessons will give you a good foundation to build on, I watch a lot of the PBS arts programs and pick up some hints from them.  I dabble in the arts but it’s for the Native American crafts that I try to do :-) Enjoy yourself, you’ll meet some interesting people being at the museum.

Terry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.