Northeast Friends…………………..

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Northeast Friends…………………..

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hi!  Weather here is 30 degrees and damp.  Snow or rain or even freezing rain later, maybe.

What kind of weather is hitting your part of Northeast?  Above freezing?

We do have some thawing going on in driveway and road is dark brown from the sand/salt that has been spread over the past couple of weeks.

Birds are at the feeder and ground feeding…mostly juncos.  A gloomy day here.

#4824223 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Good Morning Posy.  We are at 23 and supposed to go up to 33 – will feel like a heat wave.  My birds and squirrels are eating like crazy and the deer have been coming down late morning to see what they can find also.  Thanks for starting this post.

photo signature_1.gif

#4824344 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

HEAT WAVE HERE — MIGHT GET TO 30º TODAY BU T SOMETHING COULD BE BREWING HERE & IT’S NOT COFFEE!  LOL!

#4837260 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Good Morning All.  It is 22 degrees out this morning.  Going up 39 today.  The house stayed nice and warm this morning, no wind.  Wishing all a wonderful day.

photo signature_1.gif

#4843155 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

It was 40 last time I looked at supper time.  We did have snow showers once today.  Rain/snow is forecast for the next few days and it sure is damp today.  Lots of melting of snow here and grass and mud showing.  The birds are around eating daily and the squirrel today, too.  I think I need to add more seed to front feeders.  I went to Tractor Supply Friday and bought safflower, finch mix for songbirds, and fruit and nut seed.  Some was marked $5.00 off on the bags.  Their supply was low so they’ve been selling a ton if bird seed.  Not one suet cake left in the store just the boxed cakes of 10.  I didn’t need any, but people cleaned those out.  Maybe they had been on sale.  So I have a good supply on hand now and a whole big bag of BOSS, I have had on hand.

#4856982 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello today!  Here at my house it has been raining and now it is snowing lightly, but steadily.  It is 38 degrees so a lot of the snow has melted since Friday and we have some green grass and dark dirt showing.  We are to have all kinds of precip. today and colder this afternoon.  I heard another storm coming next weekend.  And, snow of us mid week, too.  We have to take what we get and deal with it.  But sure have had a lot of bad storms all over the country this winter and snow and winds.  I guess it makes up for the mild past winters we have had.

I don’t pay any attention to the groundhog what he sees or does not!

Will read some of the papers today and fiddle around doing whatever.  I should make a dessert of some kind around here.  I already put peanuts and seed in the tray feeder for the birds this morning.  Have a good day!

#4910518 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello to all in the Northeast!  Snowstorm ongoing here and could get 6-10 inches before it is over.  School is in session so must be the buses can get to the country roads to deliver the kids.  The plows were out a couple of times this morning.  Neighbor’s son plowed our driveway out so that made it easier to get out of it to go get my hair trimmed down the road from me.  Was going to walk, but ice under snow and have to walk in road here, so didn’t chance it and it was snowing really hard to see then anyway.  It took me as long to clean off my car than it would’ve to drive back home!!!!!  But got there and back anyway. 

Hope all of you are safe and sound and know some don’t have power in Pa., but hope it doesn’t last long.  No power is a bummer in this cold stuff.  It is in 20′s here and will go down to 5-10 above tonight. 

Hunker down and read a good book!

#4998060 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello to all!  We have a pleasant, but cold day.  15-20 is our high, but not high winds so rather calm.   Have some sun out so at least it is bright.

DS stopped earlier — late morning to ask DH some questions about taxes.  He is getting he & wife’s stuff together so they can file.  DH has a small tax business he still works at each tax season.

I have chili on simmering I made and going to have chicken br. with shake and bake in the oven for supper, too.  We like chili made to eat anytime of the day.

Hope you are having some good weather…………………….

#5009837 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Today is the 10th of Feb. and it is minus 1 on my thermometer and was much colder than that earlier this morning.  I saw the salt/sander truck go by at 7:45 am this morning.  Not sure if it was a first  or second swipe up and down our road or not.  We had 1-3 inches of snow yesterday/and at night so was enough to slick the roads up, no doubt.    We are to have cold temps this whole week with 1 day in the upper 20′s or 30 degrees for a high.  The nights will be near zero or below, too.  So winter is still going strong. 

I did see on TV this morning another winter storm with a name beginning with an “O” coming up from the South.  So Atlanta being more cautious this time for school closings and not everyone leaving work at the same time and causing havoc and accidents/stranded cars of people.

Hope everyone has a good day and week and tunes in to let us all know how your weather in NE is!

#5026721 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Good Morning Posy.  It is -6 this morning going down to -12 tonight.  We are supposed to be getting snow on Thursday, but they are not sure how much yet.

My birds are feeding like crazy now.  I’m glad I have a good stockpile for them.

photo signature_1.gif

#5036974 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello!  We had 20 below zero this morning on our thermometers here.  Coldest morning this winter.  Even others commented about how cold it was DH said when he was at his exercise class at hospital.  One of the traffic lights on Main St. wasn’t working, he said.  Must be frozen from the cold temps. overnight.

Will be in mid 20′s today, but the sun is shining and no wind.  That is a plus.   I have to go out for oil change to the garage here in awhile.

#5096347 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Well, another round of snow and wind tonight and tomorrow.  Cold this morning -7 TV said and it was at least that here in the back of the house, but the front said -4, so just depends where you look!  However, cold no matter what the thermometer(s) read here!  Warming up by end of week to 40′s or so, TV said.

We are under weather advisory for tonight and tomorrow.  Bright sunshine right now and I fed the birds earlier and they are busy at the tray feeder.

I guess we can’t control the weather and won’t warm up until the snow gets out of the air so who knows when that will be?!  But, Feb. is half over already so time marches on no matter what and goes faster than ever it seems.

#5100830 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello on Feb. 23rd at 8:08 PM.  It is cold tonight but been a partly sunny day so bright at times anyway.  We were in low 40′s today and will go down to 10-15 tonight.  And, frigid temps. upcoming week.  Could have snow, too.  We do have a bit of grass now showing from the warm days and melting of the snows.

Stay warm and safe.

#5108440 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hello this 5th day of March!  It is a blah day here with overcast sky and just dreary this morning.  I did see a few flurries go by the bedroom window a while ago.

And it is in low 20′s here, but did hear we can be down to zero at night in a day or so according to the radio.

Not doing much today but some laundry.  Feel lazy and will write my aunt a letter I guess.

Fish for supper tonight–Ash Wednesday.  DH went and got the ashes early this morning after he went to exercise class at hospital.

May fix some baked potatoes in microwave to go with the fish…am hungry for those kind of potatoes for a change.

#5111753 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hi to all!  It is March 10th, and overcast here with temp of 34 degrees and a high of 43 later.  Looks like rain, and the snow is melting into the dark brown/dark green spots in the lawn.  Makes for dirty looking outside this time of year.  We may get some rain later today.  I know all are sick of snow, but at least snow is clean looking except along the roadways.

Quiet around here; haven’t even seen any birds yet this morning in feeder or on ground.  That is unusual here unless there is something in the area that the birds are in hiding to stay safe from.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.