New seed Accommodations….(lol)

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds New seed Accommodations….(lol)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by flowerpowerz5 flowerpowerz5 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

This is the mini greenhouse I bought a month or so ago.  As you can see, there is almost no vacancy.  Just this morning I noticed my asters have all germinated.  I also noticed a couple of Zahara zinnias, and a few mums.  I keep straining my eyes to see if my lisianthus is poking through…not.  In the basement, the rest of the gang is in isolation from the kitchen gang….lol.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5109807 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

So sorry for the triple.  I don’t know what is happening with my photobucket.  Unreal!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5109841 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Stella, I am having some trouble with this site this morning.  I hit submit and nothing happens.  I hit refresh, and my post is there.  For a minute there, I wasn’t sure if I wasn’t going to have multiple posts because I am pretty sure I hit submit more than once when nothing happened.

I love your new seed accommodations!  I’ve given serious consideration to getting a greenhouse like that.  Probably should have.  DH always nixed the idea because I wanted to put mine outside and he said that our backyard is too windy (can be true) for something like that and ours would just end up in the pool.  Heaven knows, we couldn’t have anything like that happen.  His pool is his priority.  ;)   Never even considered putting it in the house.  Huh …

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5110198 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Looks like Spring in your house, Stella! Isn’t it fun watching those seeds turn into green beauties?   Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5110296 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Nice setup Stella.  That is what I use for all my seed.  I have lights hanging from the shelves above each shelf.  However I don’t use the covers.  Too much moisture.  I have 3 that size almost full and one that hold 3 trays across that is full.  I have a feeling in the next week or so I will need to put another one up in my bedroom and get more lights.  3 weeks until the big greenhouses go up and I move it.  That is if the weather cooperates.  I am hoping when I go into the greenhouses I will be able to fit all seven of the little greenhouses in them plus a 3′ and a 4′ bench that is 2 tiered.  In fact today I need to do some rearranging to make room under lights for what has germinated in the past 2 days.  Am trying to hold off transplanting since the babies in one flat will fill many 6 pack cells.  I have only done my peppers for vegetables and have all of them to go yet.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5110307 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Looks great. Is that one of your new floors beneath it? You may want to put something down to protect it.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5110699 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Stella, mine will start to look like yours real soon.  I have a second window to fill up with shelving and seeds.  That is in the living room..LOL  You are off to a good start Stella.  I am hoping to see some green too soon…7 to 10 days.  Nice set up and good luck with your seedlings.

flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Looks good Stella. Join the club.

Sandy M.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.