New in my garden for the forth –

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat New in my garden for the forth –

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tealbirdIA_Z4 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

I went out to enjoy the flowers and other growing things.

There were 4 little plants – thought they were marigolds – and then knew I didn’t have that many – they are the tops I took off the Mums. I put 4 in a 4″ place to make a bush. Is that good for the 4th?

I moved the garden chair to plant the parsley that was wintered over. There was a new tall canna I hadn’t seen before.  That makes 6 from the bag at the MG plant sale.

My plants are really looking good – the grapefruit tree I trimmed back to where the new shoots were coming out – looks sharp today.

GD was too busy cleaning to help me with computer. PTL they got so much clutter out of the basement.

I feel so good and rested I think I’ll stay home and not go to Se Iowa for that reunion. I have tears in my eyes as I type this.

But the age thing makes it easier to stay home and just feel rested. Best I have felt since the cleaning and I don’t need my cane – no pain. PTL for that.  Driving that 3.5 hours would not help that.

Tears – but needed to share my sorrow.  Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5260539 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Alma I just got home from delivering Meals on Wheels and I saw so many people who can’t even get outside of their homes so it is good that you can still get out. I know what you mean about long drives, I don’t enjoy them as much as I used to. So glad you are getting help with the clutter maybe they will come her next??? :)

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5260572 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Alma…glad to hear that your flowers are doing well and that you have no pain!  What a relief that must be for you.  I know making the decision to not go to your reunion was a difficult one to make, but I agree that a long ride like that is probably not what you need right now.

I am sorry about your tears.  I shed a few myself this morning.  It was 9 yrs ago today that my Mom passed.  She loved the 4th of July….parades, picnics, and fireworks.  Ironic that she died the evening of the 4th.  I think she enjoyed watching fireworks all over the world on her journey to heaven….that is a pleasant thought that comforts me.

I hope you have a relaxing weekend at home.  I bet you are enjoying your clean home.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5260599 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Those were fun, new discoveries in the garden!  So sorry, also, about the tears!  Also for yours, Charlene!  We will always miss our parents, other close family & friends long after they have passed! But let us be joyful in our memories & reminiscences of them!

#5260607 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

I have been writing all afternoon and gaining smiles. there is so much to miss when leaving for a few days.

Also I realize if I don’t turn on chair and get up even with both legs that hurt will be right back. But old habits die hard!!!

So listen up and watch that hip twisting – 20 years of doing it right – can save you pain later on! DD had been after me for over a year to flip fanny in first – but so much easier on their higher car seats.

But her little yellow bug is a challenge.

My friend says at our age it is Flop Flab in first!!! LOL

Thanks for joining in my pity party. I am feeling so much better now.

Just realized if I visit my friends in Heritage House I can stay later and watch the fire-works from that 7th floor.

That will be a good treat. Alma

Hope you all had a good 4th!

<*)~// Tealbird

#5260764 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Alma….I remember working at St Mary’s hospital in Rochester, MN in 1975 on the 4th of July.  I went to the 6th floor and watched the fireworks….absolutely stunning.  I hope you got to do that tonight.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5260792 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

I watched the capitol 4th with one friend and got in an hour visit.

Then on the way up to 7th – and aide asked if I would like a soft serve cone. Yes! I wondered if I dared do it at night. little Holy Spirit Guy is right on time.

It was a good show and I knew all but one of the people up there watching- 9 – so had a good visit till it was dark enough to start the fireworks.

They had a big argument about which was the airport – but the big show was at the airport.

When I got home I drew a line and what one was going by was off a bit. Another lady lived out there and knew where it was – but not at dark. but the rest of us watched the show and enjoyed it – knowing it was the one we always watched.

Met one new resident.

<*)~// Tealbird

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.