Need some ideas on how to use my geraniums!

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Need some ideas on how to use my geraniums!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  hostalover_Ont 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I have lots of them and would like some new ideas. Want to put some on my porch in unique planters but I have no imagination! LOL

#5125488 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Mine are just in pots on the porch steps & scattered around the yard.  Have you ever tried them in hanging pots.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5125506 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Sue, Charlene makes up real pretty arrangements with geraniums and other plants.  I think it’s the combination.  One idea I like is geraniums and small petalled flowers with a contrasting colour.  I might just do that myself this year.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5125796 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

Thanks all! Wish the rummage sales would start so I can find some neat things to plant in.

#5127367 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

DGF puts them in window boxes…you don’t have to plant them just put the potted Geraniums in it…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5127389 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I may put some in a window box type of planter and put them along the edge of the front porch. Some will go in pots between my miniature roses so I can move them when the bushes get to big. I guess when they said miniature they meant the bloom itself! LOL

#5130533 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Sue…I didn’t see this post until now.  Geraniums will grow in any kind of container and they will grow in full sun or part sun.  I also like to experiment with different containers….try to think outside the box so to speak.  Having them in pots and able to move them around is a good idea.  How are your Orange geraniums doing?  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5130536 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Sue….this is a geranium planted with some trailing lobelia in a ½whiskey barrell

This geranium is in a container and I just put the container inside a basket.  I get most of my baskets in free boxes at garage sales….sometimes I have to pay .25 for them.

Geranium in a hanging pot

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5130613 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

My orange ones aren’t as big as my other but they are different varieties so I really can’t judge, they are healthy and I’ll settle for that. Like your ideas and will probably be using them, I love Lobelia too. Have a four pot stand my son made for me so have it on the front porch with two empty pots sitting on it so far, missed the first rummage sale of the season this morning!

#5130620 Report Abuse

mockingbird_ca_f
    Participant

Beautiful pics..I have a sweet geranium growing in a coffee mug on my windowsill..

#5130975 Report Abuse

hostalover_Ont
    Participant

<p>Lovely pictures! I have a white garage and some black decorative iron pot  hangers and geraniums really show up nicely in these—— or will do soon in a month or so when spring has warmed up.</p>

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.