Nectar recipe to attract hummingbirds to feeder

Home Forums Birding Hummingbirds Nectar recipe to attract hummingbirds to feeder

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    WayesHomeAccessory
    WayesHomeAccessory
    Participant

Here is a sweet recipe to attract those beautiful hummingbirds to yoyr bird feeders this Spring and Summer!
    You will need: 1 part sugar; 4 parts water;
    Step one: Boil these 2 ingredients for 1 -2 minutes
    Step two: Cool and store this solution in the refrigerator.
    Never use honey or artificial sweetners. Honey ferments easily and artificisl sweetners have no nutritional value in them for the hummingbirds.
    Also remember to use a bird feeder that red or one that has red in it to help attract hummingbirds. http://wayeshomeaccessories.weebly.com/bird-feeders-and-bird-houses.html

Waye's Home Accessory Superstore

#5133275 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Yep, that’s how I do mine all the time.  Only difference is I heat the water in the microwave sine I almost burned my house down when I forgot the sugar water on the stove.  I had a house solid full of thick black smoke.  I threw open windows & if you were riding by you wound have swore the house was on fire.   No hummers seen yet.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5133282 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Hummers are late getting here this year. Mine has been out for over a week and still no sign of them. They were smart because it has been very cold this week.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5133362 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I do the same. I also use the microwave to heat the water.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.