My Robins Have Returned

Home Forums Backyard Chat General My Robins Have Returned

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  surferdude_FL 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

I was just looking out my Porch Room window and a dozen Robins showed up in my front yard.  I am doing a happy dance right now.  Last year they showed up on 3/11 and for 2 years in a row they showed up on 3/17.  It’s official – Spring is on its way.

photo signature_1.gif

#5100737 Report Abuse
    llittleeva9NWIlZn5
    llittleeva9NWIlZn5
    Participant

Still too cold and plenty of snow on the ground here for any robins to show up here. So waiting for Spring to get here,

Eva

#5100739 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Cool! Hope they packed their long-johns

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5100742 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

I hope they didn’t take a wrong turn somewhere as we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground and more forecast for this week.  I hope they know something that we don’t.

photo signature_1.gif

#5100744 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I think they took a wrong turn!  None here and won’t be until March sometime, if then.  We had snow this morning, but melted and still have piles around here so they wouldn’t find much to eat here.  Going down to 10 tonight.

#5100746 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

We had one on Thursday during our rain, snow, and icy crap storm.  One !!!!!! but its a start….

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5100763 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

None in my neighborhood yet but I know some stayed all winter out at my favorite county park. We usually get the red-winged blackbirds first.

#5100774 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

No sign here, but I did hear the song of a sparrow that comes in the spring.  Not sure if it’s called the white capped sparrow or something like that.  I’m in the process of doing my floors and all my books are in boxes.  I tell you….that was a sign of spring.  Poor bird came back too early.  Mind you, my feeders are full.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5100776 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

If you go to this website – Journey North – it will show you where sighting of robins have been and other birds, butterflies, etc.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/Maps.html

photo signature_1.gif

#5100806 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

My red-winged blackbirds, common grackles and man American robins arrived on the same day (Saturday). Just a few days before I had one or two robins and they were looking for worms in the first patch of ground where the snow melted.

www.birdsofohio.webnode.com

#5100811 Report Abuse

BritchesKs_F_60
    Participant

Ours never left:)

#5101094 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

We still have Robins  along the roads and in the woods for now.  I know it’s spring here, our cars are covered with pollen and birds are building nest  :-)

Terry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.