My cell phone died today……

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat My cell phone died today……

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tealbirdIA_Z4 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I just wanted to post this for Melissa and Kathy who sometimes contact me that way.  I sent Melissa a text this afternoon…..poof….dead…..I need to check it out next week and get something different.  I guess those old flip phones don’t live forever…..lol  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269901 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Bummer!  Text me when you get your new one so I’ll know your up and running.  In the meantime if you don’t get it I will call your house as soon as I know what day we will be there.  We haven’t planned our trip too much yet, which is not like dh, but totally like me!  I’m a fly by the seat of my pants gal!!  If there is a week night that works better for you and Larry let us know.  We”re flexible!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5269905 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I am guessing that I may not get a new one until at least next week sometime….and maybe not even then.  I’d say using the house phone is a good choice.

We haven’t had rain in weeks and now they say chances of rain several nights next week…..not what you want for vacation.

We have no social life, so any night is as good as the other.  I think you also have my work number if you need to call there.  I think an unplanned vacation is fun….just go with the flow.  I am glad you chose the southern Minnesota option for vacation!  I can hardly wait to see you guys again and to meet your kids.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269920 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Charlene, I thought you said you don’t use that cell phone much..LOL.  It sure is hard to do without it no matter.  We have had rain on and off here all week, but now we are to be nice for a while.  Just when I sowed grass so I have to water..LOL.

plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Julie…I don’t use it much.  Yesterday, Melissa had text about the fact that they will be in our area next week.  I replied to her text and that was all.  I don’t rely on it, but I have to admit there are times when it comes in handy.  I am not sure when I will get it replaced.  I need to talk with DD today since I am on her family plan.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269975 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Sorry to hear it Charlene. I thought that you just got that phone not long ago.?

I can’t wait for my contract to be up in mid October. Even though I will have good reception at the house I pay $90 a month for unlimited talk, data and text and if I get on my daughter’s family plan through Verizon (even though I am not crazy about Verizon) I will have the same for only $45 a month and every penny I save from now on will help.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5270005 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

For what little I use a cell phone I got a trac phone . Its a flip phone so I’m not making calls when it in my pocket lol. I buy a $20.00 card about every 6 months (shows how much I use it lol) . half the time I forget to turn it on lol. DD insist I keep it with me for emergencies. Thats about the only reason for me to have one hahaha .

have a good day all

Sandy k.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5270015 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Kathy….DD got me a supposedly “new” phone identical to mine via internet.  When the phone arrived, it was so old that the letters were worn off….but….it did have a new battery, so we installed that in my old phone.  Right now I cannot turn the phone on.  I thought it wasn’t charged, but when I plug it in to charge it, it gives the message, “battery fully charged, please unplug from wall to save energy”.  It has a mind of it’s own.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5270049 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Sandy, I’m like you.  I have a flip phone & it’s only turned on when I’m away from home or if  I use it to make a LD call because I don’t have LD on my home phone.

It’s Verizon (not much other available around here) & it costs me $1.99 a day only IF the phone is used that day.  Then that $1.99 is good for the rest of the day. # of calls or minutes used doesn’t matter but I think text are extra.  Never use that function either, although sometimes people send me one & I wish they wouldn’t (because of the extra cost.)   You call & add money to your available account & I average about $20 mo also.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270051 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

My portion of the family plan is $10 per month unlimited talk and text.  I do not take mine to work with me and don’t use it that often at home.  Kathy and I have a system where we text eachother before calling to see if it is a good time to talk…then I call her from my home phone or she calls me on my home phone.

I have a funny….those at the reunion last year will appreciate it since I had to lick my camera battery before taking pictures.  I took the cell phone battery out and licked it….it then decided to take a charge and seems to be working right now….go figure.  LOL  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5270098 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

I have heard of prince’s kiss to waken the princess.

This is a new modern update of that story?

Gave lil’ Ike clean floor today. Decided to put part of banana skin and a little bit of lettuce on a clean yogurt lid. Then I wiped the little custard dish dome and flipped him in new digs.

Then I slipped the wasted one into the plastic sleeve the paper comes in.  Done! Much easier than the snail bowl.  He is a happy camper. Has eaten 1/2 the lettuce and chowing down on the banana skin now.

I was sleepy and slept all afternoon.

If it works out – on Tue night I might have a used washer installed. OR wed.  Maybe that is why I was so tired. LOL, Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.