Music to my ears

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat & Pictures Music to my ears

This topic contains 13 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

A chainsaw.  LOL  My DSoIL started cutting trees yesterday.  He has been promising me for 2-3 years he would cut here again so I would get my view back.  Maybe by fall I will have a little of it back.  I so miss seeing the mountains and the lake.

photo signature_3.gif

Member of Community Team wildernessny@gmail.com

#5411240 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Sounds good

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5411244 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

I know you will enjoy it. Those mtns and lake are beautiful.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5411250 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Bette a view of the mountains is so beautiful. Hope you have yours back soon and maybe it will also give you more sun and help your veggies to grow even better.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5411265 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Oh, how nice!  Great to get your view back!

#5411267 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Yay!  Will he haul the trees away for you or is that up to you?  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5411270 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Great, Bette…I can t imagine being able to see mountains and a lake everyday.  I m envious ~~~~ :)

Marilyn

#5411403 Report Abuse
    tinaintn7
    tinaintn7
    Participant

I bet you have a beautiful view. Post a picture for us. Send SIL this way, ive got 2 I need cut down.

photo tina1.gif

#5411440 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

That will be nice!  We need to cut more too.  We have a few dead ones that are hung up in other trees.  Of course I won’t end up with a view of a mountain no matter how many trees we cut! lol

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5411533 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good for you, Bette!  I hope things turn out the way you want them to.

photo signature_1.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5411636 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Sounds like a plan coming together.  Mountain view sounds so good.

You can sit out on a warm night and enjoy!

Carol

#5411942 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Charlene, he will take the hardwood for firewood next year for both him and DGD.  The softwood he will just drop.  The way the land slopes there is very little of the slashing etc. that I will be able to see and actually it will help keep it from growing up again real fast.  He cut it about 20 years ago when we first bought the 88 acres.  I can always clean up down on the first level is I want to.  It will probably be a 2 year job so won’t have much view for another year.  There is 8 acres next door and 9 acres here and maybe only about 4 acres cleared for the two house.

photo signature_3.gif

Member of Community Team wildernessny@gmail.com

#5411974 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

You have the kind of place I’d love to have! Tired of looking at the alley and the neighbors behind me, I want a place where the nearest house is 1/2 mile away and the nearest road even farther.

#5411996 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Sounds like a lengthy job, but will be good for you when done.  You sure have plenty of acreage where you are.  But, it is nice to have a view when you sit and look out.  At least you don’t have close neighbors or noise road close by.   Good you have someone who can do it for you, too.  We had 5 spruce cut a few years ago as they had died out and no longer were providing the shade and windbreak as they once did.  I sure miss them as the west side open now and no protection from road noise or privacy either on that end of house.  Sun beats in and makes it hot on that end of house.  Same as when we built here with no trees/shade until we planted.  We enjoyed them for many years, though.  Our blue spruce is not doing well now either.   We have a lot of evergreen trees in the area here.  And, woods across the road from us with many pines, etc.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.