Movie out now that takes place in my hometown!!! but filmed in DuBois, PA!

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Movie out now that takes place in my hometown!!! but filmed in DuBois, PA!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Just Mari 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Re John DuPont who grew up on the DuPont estate in my hometown of Newtown Square, PA!  We all have stories of John Dupont who wasa certified whacko & killed that wrestler, ended up dying in prison, had an exwife who tried to get all she could from them!  Should be interesting!  These ppl were of the original DuPont dynasty of Delaware!  They did little filming in my hometown, though, cuz the original estate is bulldozed down & subdivided into lots for multimillion dolkar homes!

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by margba margba.
    #5302619 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Oh, the movie is called Foxcatchers!

#5302754 Report Abuse
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    Participant

Have you ever seen the movie Purple Rain?

They parked in our driveway and filmed on our county road… it’s the scene where they are driving the motorcycle down a gravel road… the river that girl jumps in is just down the road from me… where I look for agates.

#5302764 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Never saw it but heard of it!  Thought Luzzie might be interested since it was filmed near where she lives!

#5302788 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

We have friends in Dubois, Pa.  My DH’s Army buddy lives there.  They came here and visited a long time ago.

There was a man by the name of John DuPont who lived in my hometown.  He was a relative of the DuPonts, no doubt.   And, he was head of some industry that was there, but don’t remember the name of the industry, may the silk mill that was there or the hosiery or glove factory.

#5302815 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Must have been a relation, I am sure!  Yes, some sort of new kind of hoisery was invented there back around WWII era.  My Grandmother used to talk about it!  It was a big deal back then in womens fashion?  Nowadays women dont wear that much pantyhose o r stockings as they did in my Mom’s & dgm’s days!

#5302973 Report Abuse

Just Mari
    Participant

The house in the dream part of How to Make an American Quilt belonged to DH’s grandparents and, at the time of the filming, to his cousins’. It is the 2nd house on 8 acres of orange groves in the middle of the city of Redlands California. We were there at the time the filming was being done and watched some of it from the other side of the ‘do not cross’ tape. It was pretty boring as we couldn’t see much from across the road. I think the movie itself was pretty boring.

spelling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.