Monday in the SE 8/4/14

Home Forums Backyard Chat News & Current Events Monday in the SE 8/4/14

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by mary mary 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody.  The sun is shining & I think it is going to be a hot one today.  It was 71º at 8:15 but already pretty humid even then.

I’ve been to the transfer station, DG & the bank.   Will probably go work on cleaning up the d’way bed or at least some of it in a little while.

The TV is working again.  Tech showed up at 4:30 & the problem was the connectors outside ion the dish had rusted really bad.   So new ones in place & taped up under the eaves so hopefully they will be more protected from the weather.

Not much else going on.  Hope everybody has a good day.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270573 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

Good afternoon.  We are having another hot one.  Had a light shower right after dark yesterday.  I don’t think it even rained enough to show up in the rain gauge.

My first cousin and her daughter went to take her brother some supper Saturday night and found him dead.  It appears he had been dead a couple of days.  The graveside service is this afternoon at 2:00.  Surely hope the preacher doesn’t take too long.  It’s going to be hot standing out there in the cemetery.  Maybe he will keep it short since he will be wearing a suit, and will likely get hotter than the rest of us.

Community Team Member

#5270619 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Good Afternoon….We started at 72 degrees, it’s 93 sunny degrees now. I bought 50 lbs. of corn and a 2 cu. ft. bag  of MG potting soil this morning, I put some corn out when I got back home. I moved our driveway alarm, I’m going to plant some of our fig tree rootings  in the spot where a bluebird box  and pole is, I’ll move the box.

We enjoyed a two hour walk along the creek and property Sunday, Joyce had fun feeding the fish, turtles and one craw fish. I shot a 3′ cotton mouth at the old creek road bridge, I noticed the tip of his tail and snuck up on him.

We got some tomatoes and a “Canary” melon at the church market Saturday, the melon is a cross between  a Cantaloupe and Honey Dew melon, the farmer said it would reproduce from seed, I’ll dry some of ours.

Terry

#5270628 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good evening, 67-87* today, Gayle-what is a transfer station,a recycyling place?doesn’t it feel nice to by yourself again and all quiet? Jo Ann- awful to find her brother dead like that, in 2006 my husband fell asleep and when 11pm when i tried to wake him I realized he had died,coroner said was his heart.Terry-we used to eat figs at Christmas time. SNAKE,UGH! have been eating good tiny fresh tomatoes in my salads, that son Jerry brought. was HOT walking to the post box awhile ago, windows are closed, been a quiet day. enjoy the evening everyone, Mary in KY 5.35pm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.