Monday in the Midwest

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Monday in the Midwest

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by bwatcher bwatcher 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hopscotch
    Participant

Good morning.  It’s already 71 here, going to about 88 this afternoon.  Some chance of rain.  We did have a nice little rain Saturday night.  Could use more.

Didn’t do much yesterday.  Gathered a few seeds of things I don’t want to miss out on.  Most everything is doing quite well this year.  Not much more.  Work today.  Have a good day.

Leroy

#5270454 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Morning,  Leroy, posting the same time, I didn’t do much yesterday.

Have a great day at work.

Carol

#5270478 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning,  It is 69* here and the sun is trying to make a showing.  It is real muggy and they say that isn’t going away till Wednesday.  Today is the day Andy is coming to mow so I have to pick up hoses and things in the yard.  If my knees are up to it I will do some weeding.  If it gets too hot out there I may just pick a room and clean it top to bottom until it cools off.  Did do a few things yesterday but mostly rested and did recycling.  Didn’t do anything on Friday because when Tim got up he got a call and went golfing with friends from work.  Didn’t get home until 2 am so I guess it was dark golfing. Not much going on this week except the same old boring stuff.  Glad to see Snowwolf stop by last night.  I hope everyone is on the mend and feeling better!  Have a good day.  Lair 

#5270514 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Hi All, I didn’t swipe out at work until 11:o6 last night. I got to work and no 2nd person to help me. I spent the first 2 hours alone again. My co-worker that came at 4 is such a sweetheart girl! She stayed until we were done, which takes longer when there are only 2 people. I didn’t get to go to supper until 7; my norm is 5. I stuck around and helped get everyone cleaned up and down to supper and then sat and fed people. I sent her for a break when I came back from my break. Thank goodness it was Sunday; we had no showers or therapy to get done.

Elizabeth is a young college student that is going for her nursing degree. She works 2 jobs for sure, and might have a third. I think she has another full year to go till she’s done. She took last week off for a mini vacation before she leaves to go back to school. She and her 4 sisters spent some end of summer time together; she is one of 7 kids. She was replacing her mom for this shift. Her parent’s anniversary was Saturday, and her mom couldn’t find anyone to replace her, so she had to work her full 4-9 shift. I think Elizabeth was working her mom’s shift so she could have Sunday to celebrate her anniversary. Elizabeth told me that she and her one sister had entered a 3 mile mud run obstacle course event up in Wisconsin. I think it’s a military obstacle course made civilian for the weekend. She said at the second obstacle she came down wrong on her left wrist and sprained it. She said it hurt but she thought it was the adrenaline that kept her going. Her sister finished 19th and she finished 20th in the women’s division; there were 379 women. She runs but did not train for this event, so not too shabby in my book!

She showed up for work with a brace on the sprained wrist, and sounds like I did a few days back before the throat got really bad. She has the same crud with the sore throat that I have. I hope she doesn’t progress to where I am. She said her throat was getting worse when we left last night. She thought it was because of all the talking she was doing. I could barely talk and my throat was killing me. She’s working for me this Friday, so I can have a three day weekend with my kids.

I took a pain pill last night before I went to bed. I was aching so bad and my throat really hurt; I also put Vicks on my throat. I think I’ll cancel the hearing test for tomorrow. I have pretty much gotten the hearing back in my left ear, so I don’t need a tube inserted. I don’t think I could do a hearing test justice with the sore throat and sinus crap I have going on right now. I am going to go to the dr. office to see if I can get a prescription for an antibiotic for the crud without being seen. It’s not as bad as last time with the forehead and ear issue but similar.

Well, I gotta get moving here, so will talk to ya later.

#5270535 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Be back later to post

sandy

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5270637 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

I’m back home from dr. appt., no prescription. She said there is still a little fluid in the left year. She checked me for strep throat, negative. I did tell her about hearing my heartbeat in the right ear now, and she sent me to the hospital to have an ultrasound done on my carotid artery. Waiting for those to be read and a call back on them. I’ve had issues on the right side before.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.