Monday Challenge (3/31/14): Nesting Birds

Home Forums Birding Bird Pics Monday Challenge (3/31/14): Nesting Birds

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by grannyfarmer grannyfarmer 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to  our Monday picture challenge of nesting birds. In fact for some areas birds may now be beginning to build their nest so if you are in warmer area its a good time to begin watching for new nest. Anyway we encourage everyone to post a picture or pictures of nesting birds. Whether its a bird on a nest, building  a nest, a nest with eggs or a fledgling all are welcome.

You can post your own photos (remember that they have to be hosted on another site – see our Community Help section for assistance), or photos from around the web. Just remember that if you’re posting photos taken by someone else, you MUST give them credit for the photo and post the link here to where you found the photo.

This nest and eggs belonged to a brown thrasher.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Jill Staake Jill Staake.
    #5125236 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

This is from one of my old files…

Canon Point and shoot

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by dena1123 dena1123.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by dena1123 dena1123.
    #5125479 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

Tree Swallow

photo treeswallowhouse36-10_zpse524355b.jpg

#5125494 Report Abuse
    Kaptive8
    Kaptive8
    Participant

I hope this will fit, this is a pair that will be nesting soon, they are a little late, my pair in my yard have been in the nest for about a month now.  He was dancing and preening for her, it was quite funny to watch.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Kaptive8 Kaptive8.
    #5125501 Report Abuse
    Kaptive8
    Kaptive8
    Participant

This is one of the Great Horned Owl pairs I watch.  They took over a Magpie nest this year.

#5125692 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

I’m a little late, but I wanted to share these photos from Sanibel Island in Florida a few years ago. This yellow-crowned night heron was nesting not far from an observation area in the Bailey Tract.

Can’t wait to see lots more nesting bird photos as spring finally gets going around the country!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5125851 Report Abuse
    grannyfarmer
    grannyfarmer
    Participant

Chipping sparrow on her nest and her eggs before she starting incubating the eggs

She lined the nest with white dog hair that I left out after brushing our dog.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by grannyfarmer grannyfarmer.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.