Monday Bird Pictures 8/11/14

Home Forums Birding Bird Pics Monday Bird Pictures 8/11/14

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Cardinal

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5272536 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

photo NFW13_zps2c242ab5.jpg

#5272660 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Young juvenile rose breasted sitting under the sunflower leaves in the rain….

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5272695 Report Abuse
    Magnolia15
    Magnolia15
    Participant

Here’s a baby bluebird.

http://birdsofthebog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Eastern-Bluebird8537.jpg

-birdsofthebog.com

#5272802 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Nice pictures everyone.  I think the last couple of months I have forgotten what my camera looks like.  My older camera took a kapoot on me when I had to make an unexpected trip to Florida.  To bad.  Lots of really “new” birds and waterfowl for me.  One thing I was able to see first hand, was an “active” Osprey nest near the hospital my Mom was in.   Spotted it on one of my walks.  I know we have them here in Michigan, I just have never been privy of seeing one.  Just incredible and breathtaking at the same time.

I am sure I have posted this one before but figure, hey this is the way I feel today…..

#5272839 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Alecia… Nice picture of the flicker. Don’t see much of the flickers here in the summer but I love watching them in the yard in the winter.

Sharon… I think your grosbeak is peeking out to see if the rain has stopped while checking out those sunflower seeds.

Magnolia… Nice picture of the baby bird. Love seeing them out when they still have spots on them.

Dena… Your oriole looks to be about as happy with that rain as I’ve been the last several days here. lol Sure would love to be able to get an oriole picture here.

Thanks everyone for these great pictures and comments today.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.