Molly (skippydel)

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Molly (skippydel)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13 skippydel13 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skippydel13
    skippydel13
    Participant

I just read your post from last night and remember that cinnamon will repel ants so why not grind up some cinnamon stick to sprinkle on the ground or even shake cinnamon over the area to rid of the ants?

Deloris

http://tinyurl.com/qzp8cls

#5277342 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I have used that in the house but do you realize how expensive cinnamon is? It would take a LOT to do all of those pots! But thanks for thinking of me. I will just have to keep using my q-tips and alcohol. As soon as I can I plan to cut them all back and re-pot them before they go into the greenhouse, I am sure the ants are in the soil.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5277383 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

You can get cinnamon sometimes pretty cheaply if you look around in the discount retailers & grocers.  Same goes for hot pepper &:other spices.  I try really hard not to purchase spices at the reg grocers.  Even WM is pretty expensive for those items.  You can usually find cinnamon at Dollar Tree, as well as many other spices!

#5277397 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I just got a large container of cinnamon at Dollar general for $1.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5277515 Report Abuse
    skippydel13
    skippydel13
    Participant

I too just bought a big bottle for a $1 at the Dollar Tree. Wonder why its so expensive where you are at Molly? Now the sticks, yep, they are expensive here too!

Deloris

http://tinyurl.com/qzp8cls

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.